Dog Chapman -- Botched Bar Raid Turns Bloody

7/9/2011 5:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Dog the Bounty Hunter was at the center of violent bar brawl Thursday night in Colorado -- and according to sources on the scene, Dog's security guard sent a guy to the hospital ... where he got 15 stitches.

0708-dog-the-bounty-hunter-EX
TMZ spoke to the owner of La Montana Linda Restaurant in Breckenridge, Colorado -- and he tells us, Dog and his crew raided the place looking for the owner's father ... who allegedly jumped bail on breaking and entering charges.

According to the owner -- named Luke -- Dog barged in out of nowhere and confronted Luke's mom about the target ... and was extremely disrespectful.

Luke stepped in to calm things down -- but several customers had already taken offense at Dog's behavior and got in Dog's face ... at which point the bounty hunter's hired muscle jumped into action.

We're told one of the customers sprayed the security guard in the face with cleaning fluid -- and the big man lashed back with haymaker to the customer's face ... leaving a gash that required 15 stitches.

We're told the fight got so nuts -- it resembled a "saloon brawl" from a Wild West movie ... someone even threw a potted plant.

Cops showed up soon after -- but no arrests were made. According to law enforcement, the situation is still under investigation.

So far, no official word from Dog's people.

Em

I am appalled at the comments posted here. Dog's physical appearance has nothing to do with this article or his profession and should not be a factor in your opinion of him and his show. If this is all that you have to comment about then you're reaching for something to report just as TMZ reaches daily for something and anything (true or false) to report on.

Since when did TMZ become a factual and/or reputable news source? I don't believe this story, especially coming from TMZ.

Please take some time to educate yourselves on the facts behind bounty hunting and the risks that the Chapmans and other bounty hunters take everyday so that we are safe in our communities. Because of their noble work, we, as taxpayers, aren't left with the burden of paying to have criminals on the streets as we would without them. If I trusted someone to appear in court on my money, you bet I would be banging on their door for them. I don't know, however, that I'd be as generous and patient as the Chapmans are with their words and time on my way to bring the fugitive in. Their goal is to capture them but, more importantly, to help guide the fugitives to get thier lives back on track. Dog and Beth use their past experiences to provide guidance which is quite honorable.

An article explaining how much fugitive recapture would cost us as taxpayers if bounty hunters did not put their money and their lives on the line everyday to keep communities safe.

An archived article about Dog's exceptional work in capturing the "international rapist" Andrew Luster.

And another article about the inspirational work that Dog does on his own time. He uses his live experiences to help people make positive changes in their lives.

Rico

Dog is a scared little man when it hits the fan
I guarantee he would never take on someone without overwhelming force behind him

his beast of a wife is a different story

McDream

The chapmans rocks!! Your mean comments dont mean nothing,there fans aint going anywhere ....They do a great job catching crimanals!! keep up the good work, Haters always got something to say,Stop hating on the chapmans!!

Sherlock

I would give anything to see this guy killed on camera.

Tammy

@EM how long have you been working for the DOG and his beast of a wife, the only comments you have ever made is about the Dog. Dog and his whole family are a bunch of douch----BAGS.

Tammy

I thought DOG was a bad ASS why does he need to hire someone to protect him. He's nasty, he looks like he doesn't bath and he is rude and pushy what gives him the right to think he can just show up in anyones home.

Helen

Nothing like taking the word of TMZ who pay's criminal families to lie and bull****. Let's take the side of the criminal who wrong's society then does not bother to go to court. Missed another one huh Harvey

HaHa

Ah, looks like the inflatable blonde got her "posse" of pounders backing him up again. Go back to the pipe smokin nasty trailer park you came crawling out of and take your groupies with ya!

August Vanhelzing

Is it just me or does he only go after punk crime breakers! Really..........thats the best he can do! I think he is a sissy and he always sends Leland first! He's a overpaid punk that just was in the right place at the right time. He needs to take some of that money he is making and get his women a breast reduction....! He is a racist and a non educated idot and all that praying is for the cameras!U suck dog...........really!

kim

I just wish he would cut the gd hair.....it gives me THE CREEPS....GET RID OF THE MF MULLETT....THEN WE CAN TALK....DAM...

Em

Tammy - I don't work for Dog and yes, you're right - it's the only comment I've ever made. That would be because I only comment on things that I care about and only when I have useful things to say. I don't loosely comment on stories unless I am knowledgeable about the subject. I wouldn't waste my time dropping comments on various stories just for the sake of making ignorant statements. This was worth my time because I believe in what they do and believe that their work inspires many people.

PR_nena33

Like Beth said i cant wait to this episode comes out, and all the ppl talking out the ass. can eat there words.
Sony is not a bodyguard his part of the crew.
Beth is tough, but us woman have to be tough with all this ass of a men out there..
as a minority i accept that everyone make mistakes
I love Dogs hair i wish he never cuts it.

PR_nena33

Sony is not a bodyguard his part of the crew.

I love Dogs hair i wish he never cuts it.

as a minority i accept that everyone make mistakes

tracy silva

Em I love your comment..very informational for those who need some education on the subject. Pr_nena well said and so true. I, like Em, do not just post on random stories that either mean nothing to me or I know nothing about. I posted here because I believe in the Chapmans and what they do. I saw a few comments about "Dog fans are at it again"..well I have to say Dog & crew have the best, most loyal fan base I have ever seen. They must be doing something right. Some of you need to get your facts straight.

Lalablah

I LIVE in Breckinridge and I saw the whole thing... It is so disrespectful to barge into a restraint searching for someone on Mexico!!!!! Luke has not seen his dad in a year so whynshould they be harassing them! Dog scarred all of likes coustemers away and he lost money because of dog, next time dog don't restart a peaceful town, you make it look bad.