« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

NFL Star's Dogs Kills Neighbor's Dog

7/9/2011 5:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Four dogs belonging to Arizona Cardinals linebacker Joey Porter reportedly killed a dog belonging to one of his neighbor's ... this according to a local report.

0709_joey_porter_BN
The incident went down on July 2, says the Bakersfield Californian, and a local animal control spokesperson told the paper Porter was cited for not having the dogs on a leash.

The spokesperson said the dogs appeared to be half mastiff, half pit bull -- and that Porter appeared upset about what happened and apologized to the neighbor.

In 2006, Porter's dogs (though unclear if it's the same ones) reportedly got loose from his home in Pennsylvania and killed a miniature horse on a nearby farm.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

ken

People like this are the absolute lowest piece of garbage. Not all, but now there is a mentality, too many get, which comes with playing this BORING BORING, Yes I said it, game.You see it some in basketball and mostly none in baseball.Pure ignorance, pure selfishness, pure me me me. No concern for anybody but their own ego. **** THEM AND **** PORTER!

Tony C

What is it with Black Athletes and pitbulls? Do they think they are Michael Vick?

Jen

Isnt weird how as soon as his dogs get loose, their first instinct is to kill another animal? Kinda makes ya wonder...

Telstar

Oh, I'm sure that if he sends them a pair of shoes or something, that'll make it all okay.

Kay in San Diego

Without looking at a calendar I know it is a weekend because of a typo only 3 words into the story. SPELLCHECK already!

Terre

Either control your pets or don't have any! There is no excuse for your dog getting out. Period end of story. My dog does not like other dogs. So when I take her out she is always on a leash. If another dog approachs off leash I pick mine up cause I know she will start a fight. I have a fence that I make sure my dog cannot get out of. It's called responsibility people!

SantaFeJack

His dogs have killed twice!?! (doesn't matter if they were the same dogs, it's the same owner) The local authorities should come down on this guy hard! First a miniature pony, now a dog, then a small or not so small human? Irresponsible people should pay through the nose for this sort of thing!

I am Spartacus

i agree with Santafejack. This isn't the 1st time animals of him have killed other animals so obviously he is not training them properly and should not be allowed to own dogs like this if they keep getting loose and killing other animals.

Bubba

Why does he own half mastiff, half pitbull dogs? Get a mastiff OR a pitbull. But no matter what dogs he gets, train them properly. If he is not willing to spend time training his dogs, he should not take any dogs.
Aside from all this, why do people want big dogs? Is it just to impress? Do they have such a big ego?

debschira

QUESTION IS,"IS HE REALLY SORRY?". U WOULD THINK THAT IF THIS HAPPENED BEFORE (AS SOMEONE ELSE SAID) HE WOULD HAVE TAKEN A CLASS OR SOMETHING ON DOG TRAINING, ESPECIALLY MASTIFF'S (AND PITBULLS). AND )AS ALREADY STATED), NEXT TIME WILL IT BE A CHILD OR A HELPLESS ELDERLY PERSON(S)? WE NEED SPECIFIC LAWS AND WE NEED THEM NOW!!!

Bobby

I guess it is just luck that he dogs haven't found a human to kill as yet. Maybe next time........then something will be done.

ijed

What are the cops waiting for? Please dont wait until his dogs kill someone...

Rob

Pit Bull = ghetto loser = moron = tatooed thug

'nuff said

The Neko Nation

Joey Porter is a sorry excuse for a pet owner. Just another ghetto thug who continues to let his dogs kill other animals with no remorse or apologies. I had the displeasure of meeting this idiot twice at celebrity basketball games. Pitbull owners are nothing more than ghetto losers, white trash, and latin thugs. They own these dogs because they think it makes them look hard and cool.

Meanie

Surprise, surprise yet another P.O.S owner of a P.O.S pittbull type mongrel goes berserk. Cue all the normal pittbull apologists and stupid people who think owning useless aggressive dogs is a badge of honor.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments