« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

KFC to Dwyane Wade: The Colonel Wants You Back!

7/11/2011 12:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The NBA lockout has left Dwyane Wade jobless, possibly for a long time -- but one of his former employers would welcome him back with open arms ... none other than Kentucky Fried Chicken.

0710_dwayne_kfc_doc_launch_2
Turns out D-Wade used to sling chicken back in the day, and since he tweeted last week he was looking for a job ... KFC thought they'd make him an offer he couldn't refuse.

The General Manager of KFC fired off a letter to D-Wade and said that while they couldn't pay him in the manner in which he had become accustomed, they would make a donation to Colonel's Scholars in his honor.

Who can say no to The Colonel?

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Jre82

TMZ and Harvey Hoe ass would put this "story" up.Only One Reason for one reason..............You got to feed your core audience the "Basement Kids".

LR

Yeah, about that whole "manor" thing- don't your "writers" do this everyday in at least one article. I have an idea- don't pay chimps to write for you. What idiots- buy a ******* dictionary and thesaurus if you must, but get it right- it's your native tongue!

jw

He gonna eat all their profits then have a good excuse for next year because greasy fried shicken gets on your hands and you can't hold on to a pigskin.

DirtySouth

B.S. they can't pay him. Who gave TMZ a copy of this letter? The KFC manager just wanted free pub off D-Wade. Wade needs to send he dude a bill for using his name in the letter that he was so willing to advertise via TMZ.

Ehécatl

I don't want to start something, but isn´t just a little racist for TMZ to put up a non-story about a black man and friend chicken?

static

It's not racist until Xzibit says it is.

stu

it's not unless KC serves watermelon too.

Jre82

smh Like I stated earlier TMZ only post this type of BS to keep their target audience happy
Examples above

But Hey keep typing because you and I both know You scared to come outside and say that ****.

Michelle

Cool idea!!

j-dog

home is where the heart is. wades's heart is with gobbling down fried chicken. yum yum

John Patterson

I too use to work for the KFC, but only spent 2 weeks in a store. I was in marketing research and helped rid KFC of it's "hairy arm syndrome". I think it's a great idea by KFC and an opportunity for Wade. Take the spot and combine it with a Wade/KFC sponsored backgammon tourney, with all of the proceeds from entry fees going to the same charity...Col. Scholars. If anyone is interested,get back to me. If you are from KFC/YUM Brands, you have a tremendous opportunity...don't miss itcowboyjohn47@hotmail...JP

pepekale

Harvey is a user!

Uncle Bob

I can't believe this. With all the doom, gloom,political upheavel, major recession, etc; all the majority of you idiots can think of is a jig with a basketball being offered a job at KFC. I wouldn't buy a piece of chicken from these dummies if it was the last piece of chicken I ever had. This manager at the KFC is the stupidest sonofabitch breathing. There is more to life than a damn sport, and a bunch of idiots. Give the guy a slice of watermelon while you're at it.

Laughing now

I have to really laugh now that I am hearing about an NBA lockout in addition to the NFL. No one learned about this from Baseball.

I hope this moron goes unemployed like the rest of America. I could really care less about a guy that makes more salary within a year than most americans make in a lifetime.

I say this to you NBA and NFL let you eat Cake. You can certainly afford it.

Part of my hope lost in people was over sports and celebs and how many people think they play just for them. These people don't care one bit for your blue collar butt. All they care is you buy the merchandise, and keep paying to watch them on TV.

While the offer from KFC seems a stereotype because its a black celeb I find it hard to care because he is privelaged. Still this is not an offer that he should take.

The American pastimes are no longer for the love of the game more than it is for that bling. So I count these people as sellouts. At the very least people who could not survive the working world without that fame.

curtis gipson

WHITE EAT MORE CHICKEN AND RIBS THEN BLACKS.IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE ME GO DOWN SOUTH.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments