« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Officials Won't KO Mayweather for Burning $100 Bill

7/12/2011 8:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It appears Floyd Mayweather is getting away with a crime ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ the boxer will NOT get prosecuted for lighting a $100 bill on fire in an Atlanta nightclub this weekend.

0712_mayweather_ATL

Reps from multiple law enforcement agencies tell TMZ ... it is HIGHLY unlikely for Floyd to be charged with a crime .... with one person telling us, "Try to find a case in recent history where a person was prosecuted for destroying ONE bill. "

An official spokesperson for the Secret Service -- the agency that enforces the money burning law -- had no comment. Ditto for the United State's Attorney's Office.

It's bad enough that Floyd is burning money when the economy is in the crapper ... but what the hell is the point of the law if it's not enforced?

So, we gotta ask ...

tmz-top-comments-banner
Sandra Sandra

I can't believe people voted that he should be prosecuted!!! Are you kidding me? Do you know how much it would cost tax payers to prosecute him?!!?! Give me a break!

mikmik mikmik

When you're a celebrity you are suppose to be a person that someone looks up to...not burning money that a lot of people don't have, yes its his money but thats just an insult for people who are hungry and homeless, at least have a conscience and be a good example.

neatx1 neatx1

you people are funny you are mad because he burned a $100 really lmfao this was the joke of the day

tmz-top-comments-banner
Sandra Sandra

mikmik mikmik

neatx1 neatx1

Punk Punk

Even Tyson wasnt this stupid. Its your money but I cant wait for the day youre broke and wish you had a hundred bucks to your name.. P.S pay your taxes!

notta notta

Might as well throw that law right out the window. There is everyone's precedence for all future actions. Although, I don't know who else would burn money like that.

JJred JJred

its just a piece of paper who gives a **** ....

BJ Rocks BJ Rocks

this just shows what a real a hole this guy is...give it to someone homeless if he has that much to burn.. what a loser!

Tim Tim

Its his money he can do whatever he wants with it whoever voted yes is jelly

simplyred41177 simplyred41177

Any U.S.dollar bill is a legal tender of America. He should be prosecuted. He could have donated it for a better cause.

kp kp

if you are arrested for being stupid there would be a heck of a lot more people in jail than there is now. He should donate some cash to the food shelf to make things right------

MoonDust MoonDust

Didn't even know that was a law. But anyways, is his loss...Seems silly to waste money and resources on this type of "crime".

DetroitRocks DetroitRocks

Make him fight Manny Pacquiao. That should be his punishment

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

mizzbee

@fgsd..

I'm married to what I believe in...and one of those beliefs is "TO EACH HIS OWN"...And that money he burned is HIS!!! Get over it!! I could give a damn who doesn't agree with me..I AM A ONE (WO)MAN BAND, NO HYPEMAN REQUIRED. And I'll hold the chuck-bucket for you love (smile!!)

...and BRET won $60...0.00 wet pennies!!! The 1st Ngger calling in the post!!

...So tough behind the screen...sooooo tough!!
#CLOWN

Bubba

The expression on his face gives me the impression he is arrogant and I feel in my guts that one day his arrogance will backfire at him. What goes up, comes down and the higher something or someone goes up, the harder they fall.

SpeakTheWord

Thats what happens when you get to many blows to the head........

mizzbee

....THAT SAME MAN THAT YOU CHOOSE TO CALL A NGGER, AND COUNTLESS OTHERS IN YOUR EVERYDAY LIFE, WOULD MOST LIKELY KNOCK YOUR HEAD OFF OF YOUR NECK ID YOU SAID THIS TO HIM IN HIS FACE..AND THE NAILER IS..{{YOU KNOW IT!!!}}

....IS THAT THE REASON FOR FEELING THREATEND ENOUGH TO CALL PEOPLE THOSE NAMES???
#VERY PUNKISH

amazon_woman

Bubba 3 minutes ago

======================================================
AMEN BUBBA AMEN !!!!

moi

He needs attention....what better way than to pretend to be someone who has enough money to burn? Yeah, Mike Tyson was like that too....and Hammer....and we all know what happened to them-

Bob

Illegal Immigration is also ILLEGAL -- by definition. But nobody in our government seems to want to enforce that law either. It costs us WAY more that $100....Class Action against the Obama Admin. for failing to uphold the laws of the US. Anyone??

ATLFINEST

Okay I know it is his money and all but i've now lost any respect for this ego-trippin bum. He need to get knocked out and brought back down to earth ASAP. I bet one day soon he gonna wish he had that bill!

bah

Why on earth would I care if someone burned some of own their money? If you earn 15 to 20 million a fight, yea, I think you can afford to burn a 100 dollar bill.
Secondly, how is this even considered news worthy information?
People(black,white, Hispanic etc...)waste, burn and throw-away money every single day. whether it be gambling, drinking at a bar, paying for the company woman that will never like you other-wise, buying cocaine to snort, buying clothes that you will never wear or just things you'll never use. Are you getting the point yet?
You guys need to worry about your own **** and work on getting away from the mindset that you should, need to or can police what people YOU DON'T KNOW and have never met, do with things they own. Burn down a house or someone's property then that's a totally different ball-game. Destroy your own things... Knock yourself out.

P.S. The only thing I want to hear about Floyd Mayweather is when he'll be fighting Manny Pacquiao.

mizzbee

@ JIM & BAH...

(screaming) THANK YOU!!!!

tonyastro

It's from the same bunch of fake bills he was giving out at the club 2 years ago.

justanothermotha

So wait. You guys are the police now trying to get people prosecuted. I thought you were jus snoops. But I guess you need something to print.

miisha03

Funny he'll probably get some ridiculous sentencing but some women (not calling any names) can dispose of a dead body, don't report it, but get away with a slap on the wrist...smh oh this Justice system makes so much sense.

ʥdizzi

I predict floyd is going to end up old and poor. Mark it.

mizzbee