MTV Cracks Down on 'Jersey Shore' Deserters

7/12/2011 12:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

MTV has instituted a zero tolerance policy for  "Jersey Shore" runaways -- after nearly losing both The Situation AND Vinny -- threatening to fire any cast member who even thinks of going AWOL.

0711-jersey-shore-tied-up-ex

Sources connected with production tell TMZ, the network is serious this time: if another cast member tries to walk off the show ... that person will be fired, and the remainder of his or her contract will be terminated. No exceptions.

We're told it's all a power play. With two cast members nearly jumping ship in the same week, MTV wants to reassert some authority ... and show the cast who's boss once and for all.

But it might already be too late.

KittyKittyKitty

Yikes! Just cancel the show already!

notalawyer

What other job could any of them ever do except a politician? (Most likely Republican)

amazon_woman

I WANT TO SEE WHERE THIS IS GOING TO GO OR END UP !! LOL :)

Bubba

Two days ago I made a big mistake by watching some minutes of some MTV program. It was all about pranks, dating or speeddating I think. Was this supposed to be funny? I haven't seen any episode of Jersey Shore and certainly don't intend to.
MTV is no longer the MTV I know from a long time ago.

EvilPromise

WE DON'T CARE!
Fire them all!
Cancel the show!
Let's get back to REALITY!-- you know, that thing every Normal person is battling to survive for?

the ONLY thing this show proves is just How Greedy and Out of Touch MTV is nowdays. Get a grip kids!

Kristin

Good. lol.

Kristin

I hope they fire them all.

Jackie

Typical stupid American shows.They aren't better than anyone, beside being idiots.pfft

Sticks

Can they all go home please!

Hestsett

haa haaa !!!!!!!!!!!!1
how funny ......

Bob

Oh, come on. Hasn't this publicity stunt gone far enough? Nobody really walked out and nobody will get fired. They are creating drama and buzz for the TV show.

CRod

What other job could any of them ever do except a politician? (Most likely Democratic)

some guy

MTV needs to stop putting Snooki with a bunch of Enablers.

I was at Seaside yesterday where they film the show. Was grabbing some food and a drink at a bar when Snooki showed up. She was surrounded by 5-6 sketchy dudes that I shall call Enablers. Almost immediately they started doing shots. As soon as they drank one, the Enablers would start cheering and pushing Snooki to do more.

I talked to the bartender after they left. Altogether they had about 13-14 shots in about 10-15 mins. I think Snooki had at least 3-4. She also left a $10 tip. Not sure what the bill was, but it seems a good tip.

I guess Snooki can spend the money she earns on AA meetings.

@MTV I hope this cash cow of yours doesn't get Cirrhosis of the liver.

some guy

@MTV

I hung out with the locals while I was there. They seem to really hate your show. They also dislike the 18-19 y.o. rent-a-pigs in ill-fitting uniforms that infest your production. Have to say I don't disagree.

Kinda funny how your store is the only one with graffiti on it.

some guy

I originally wanted to head down there b/c I wrote some comments on your Enquiry board on the website for the store. Wanted to expand on them. Changed my mind after I had an encounter with a couple of your security thugs. You hire them from BET?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments