MTV Cracks Down on 'Jersey Shore' Deserters

7/12/2011 12:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

MTV has instituted a zero tolerance policy for  "Jersey Shore" runaways -- after nearly losing both The Situation AND Vinny -- threatening to fire any cast member who even thinks of going AWOL.

0711-jersey-shore-tied-up-ex

Sources connected with production tell TMZ, the network is serious this time: if another cast member tries to walk off the show ... that person will be fired, and the remainder of his or her contract will be terminated. No exceptions.

We're told it's all a power play. With two cast members nearly jumping ship in the same week, MTV wants to reassert some authority ... and show the cast who's boss once and for all.

But it might already be too late.

A Real Lawyer

notalawyer 6 hours ago
What other job could any of them ever do except a politician? (Most likely Republican)
____________________________________________

Cleary these morons have a sense of entitlement and want handouts - which is obviously characteristic of the liberals.

Hoopee

Please don't leave Jersey Shore cast. My life will be so empty. Even though I've never watched one minute of this crap, I will be devastated and not sure I can survive the heartbreak. Personaly I wish MTV would fire all of them and go back to being MTV...MUSIC TELEVISION... and not these ridiculous, scripted 'reality' shows.

kp

what is with all the advertising, mtv loves the attention, it brings them more cash and free advertising for them when these fools say they are leaving. who cares

some guy

Another thing I noticed was that alot of the tourists in Seaside were from different countries. Saw alot of Germans and Russians.
I think the show has real international appeal. T

there were also kids at the bar who kept shouting that they loved Snooki.

IDK... people seem to really like the show.

some guy

Maybe the next Jersey Shore season could be in an ex-Soviet gulag.

some guy

Paulie: "Yo, all this coal mining is cutting into my GTL time."

Ronnie: "Fuhgeddaboutit. I'm so mad I could smash something."

"Rawwrr!!"

Ann

Then how can we get them all to walk out at one time so the show will be canceled and they will ALL go away.

AyeJay

Ronnie & Pauly D are the hottest of all the males.
Michael looks like he's in his 50's.
Kind of reminds me of that grandpa that tries to act all cool and hip for his grandkids LMFAO.

tazer

Please please keep this show running atleast another 8 seasons this cast is the best and so amusing a new case could never fill its shoes, I wanna see them all grow up and get married and have children.

Lucas

i realy don't care about jersey shore but you guys need to learn how to use photoshop!
i can see alot of white spots that you guys missed
that is just lazy you know but whatever

Scientific

MTV ain't doing shiat...doing whatever they can to keep this crap afloat...

MoonDust

I wonder how much TMZ is getting paid to promote the jersey shore. That "reality" show is not real, is all staged just li.ke all MTV shows. Stop posting about these people already.

kennyg

notalawyer

Snooki doesn't even like Obama because of the whole "tan tax"

RabbleRouser

Hey MTV, you created those monsters- so own it.

If they had just recast the show after the first season, they would have never run into this problem. Now they have a bunch of over paid and out of control idiots on their hands.

Carl

Were you also told that by releasing statements like this (true or not) is a great way for MTV to revive interest in a show that has grown stale?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments