Halle Berry Alleged Stalker: I'm Not Guilty

7/13/2011 3:18 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Halle Berry's alleged stalker just pleaded not guilty to felony stalking, but not before the judge issued a curious restraining order, prohibiting him from going near her but not giving Halle's daughter the same protection.

071311_richard_franco_video

Richard Franco pleded not guilty to felony stalking.  He was ordered to stay 500 yards away from Halle and Halle's residence.   But the judge said the order would not apply to Nahla, because she is not a victim in the case.

However, Nahla is already covered by a temporary restraining order against Franco that was imposed by a civil judge ... and that order will stay in effect despite today's ruling.

Ehécatl

Where does TMZ get these campy pictures?!

Jj

Yes, because showing up at a house that does not belong to you, stalking a celebrity, staring, saying strange utterances, and running away when caught is totally not a sign of guilt.

Trevis Miho

Haha, "Naw, I wasn't stalking her - I was merely gazing at her soul, while imagining myself wearing her skin". If this guy gets off (no pun intended), then I'll be a believer that crazy people get let off by our system in 3's...

Kay in San Diego

I would love to see how someone can "pleded".

Don Pedro

"PLEDED"...You guys must be hiring the same high school dropouts as the airport uses.

Goldie Michaels

Child not included? Crazy judge. This should extend to all family members.

shelley

Nahla should have been included. Whose to say this nut wasn't trying to see the kid and now what's his name may have to deal with stalker dude when he gets out too.

The judge should have also done what was in the child's best interest.

((and pleded..hahahaha)

casual observer

I don't understand this ruling at all. Why would the judge EXCLUDE the minor child who is in the care of the adult being stalked? Is there something missing here?

Kari

Her daughter, and anyone living in that house was a victim, when he was outside their home, in their yard. I don't agree with the judge's decision at all.

TMZISAPIECEOFSHIT

This man is TRULY crazy because nobody in their right mind would willing want to get entangled with that Psychotic nut job Halle Berry. Richard Franco, Do your self a favor and listen to the Judge...Stay away!

Rogue Warrior

And her goes all the ignorant, phatt, housewives rants!!!!!!!!!!!! They ALL think they are attorneys!! F Off, you're good for 1 thing!

Bob

Hay Halle, if he shows up now just shoot him.

HumanNature

Why in the HELL is this "STALKER" HIDING????

BIG DUMMY!!!!

writenow

Did it again! Got the facts, Missed the story.
Prosecutors aren't asking the guy be equipped with real-time monitoring GPS that would alert HALLE if he decided to come around her house, ahead of time and in time enough for her to leave. Why not? Scroll down the page to see this kind....it even has aSIREN the staffer could trigger so no more quietly creeping around.

Prosecutors NOT protecting women, period.
(watch the videos)

Jennifer

Jus*****ched the show and saw the segment on "soaking". Having been raised LDS and active in my church, I have to say that I have never heard of that. I do think they put too much emphasis on NOT having sex. They make you want it so much that you end up getting married way too young. I will say that I know a lot of dry humping goes on. Just FYI. Love the show!!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments