Casey Anthony Look-Alike Says Attack Story is Bogus

7/15/2011 1:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The story making the rounds that a Casey Anthony look-alike was attacked because of her resemblance to the notorious former defendant is bogus -- this according to the alleged victim.

0715_casey_anthony_ex

Sammay Blackwell, who lives in Pryor, Oklahoma, was driving home after work when another driver followed her and struck her vehicle, flipping it off the road.

A local TV station aired a story, claiming the woman that ran Sammay off the road did it because of her resemblance to Casey Anthony.

But TMZ has obtained a copy of the police report, and there is no mention of the Casey Anthony connection.

We then spoke with Sammay, who told us the story was made up: "They played it out to make it seem like it happened to me because I look like Casey Anthony."

Sammay added, "I never said I look like Casey Anthony and the lady never said I look like Casey Anthony [to the police]."

0928_celebrity_look_alike_footer

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Home Skillet

I. Don't. Care.

Rocco

Rule #1. In order to be considered a look-alike, you should look like the person you are accused of being the look-alike of.

Scientific

I knew this was BS..

Jay

Test

writenow

So who were the reporters who researched the original story? Rupert Murdoch people?

Ih8Taxes

The best fiction in the world comes from the media.

CCC

I agree with Rocco. I don't think they look alike at all.

HappyKow

can someone help me with what the difference between news and gossip is now? i feel the internet has muddled it.

Bruno

You mean ROL F'd up a story? Oh, how shocking.

Dragon Tattoo

I saw the interview on Radaronline.com, so my question is, why did she say that on camera? why make up this story? She doesn't even look like Anthony anyways.

Sunshine

She does not look like Casey.

Donald

Look closer at the stories. The station in OKC used the police report and confirmed with police the her attacker did state the clerk looked like casey to police. The station in Tulsa has video of the woman saying on camera that her attacker said she looked like casey anthony.

Mary P

Oh and her mother too:

Blackwell's mother says she'll never forget her daughter's reaction.

"I got to her, she was crying, she was shaking, she says, 'Mama, this lady thinks I'm Casey Anthony and she tried to kill me," her mother said.

Mary P

This wasn't an ROL story first, it was reported by news9 online. The news stated she directly said she looked like Casey Anthony. Someone is lying (the girl that got run down) because she got more media than she wanted and no one is stupid enough to just believe her.

The original stories:

CHOUTEAU, Oklahoma -- An Oklahoma woman believes outrage over the Florida murder case almost cost her her life. The 26-year-old says a crazed woman tried to kill her because the woman thought she was Casey Anthony.

It happened in Chouteau last Friday night, July 8, 2011, just days after the Casey Anthony verdict.

Sammay Blackwell hopes she never hears this again:

"You look like Casey Anthony, I'm like 'okay,'" she said.

Blackwell doesn't think it's funny after what happened last week.

Blackwell works at a convenience store in Chouteau and said Shireen Nalley came in that night around 10 p.m. and looked strange, very suspicious, then left after buying gas.

"I just couldn't keep my eyes off of her," she said.

CHOUTEAU, Oklahoma -- An apparent case of mistaken identity almost cost one Oklahoma woman her life. The Chouteau woman says someone tried to kill her because she looks like Casey Anthony, who, as of July 14, was still jailed halfway across the country in Florida.

Shortly after Casey Anthony was acquitted on the charge that she murdered her two-year-old daughter, signs of hatred mounted against her. But, many may say, none have been as bizarre as what is reported to have happened in Oklahoma.

It was a typical night for Sammay Blackwell at a Chouteau convenience store where she works until one customer's visit began a road rage of drama Blackwell may never forget.

"I said, ‘Oh my God, help me,'" said Blackwell. "I just started praying because I knew something was bad."

Blackwell said a suspicious woman entered the store shortly after 10 p.m. on Friday, July 8 and left after buying gas. But, that was not the last time their paths would cross.

"I got in my vehicle and began to back out and looked and could tell she was staring directly at me," said Blackwell. "I could almost see the white in her eyes."

Blackwell said the woman, Shireen Nalley, followed her and rammed her truck causing it to flip two and half times. She says she never talked with her attacker, but believed she was targeted because people tell her she resembles Casey Anthony.

A police report does not state Nalley thought the victim was Casey Anthony, but at least one police officer in Chouteau said that was what the woman believed.

"She said that I was trying to hurt babies [that] I was killing babies, and she was going to stop me before it happened again," said Blackwell referencing what she was told by police.

A professor of sociology and criminology at Oklahoma City University said the verdict and media attention have angered many people.

"There are millions of people tha*****ched every moment of that case from the time it happened all the way through," said Professor Howard Kurtz.

Kurtz says the case in Chouteau is rare, but attacks against the real Casey Anthony might not be.

"Once you've been convicted in the media, how do you ever go back," asked Kurtz.

Kurtz said Casey Anthony may never be able to lead a normal life. She's set to be released from jail on Sunday, July 17. There are reports that say she could move to Texas to live with family.

alzwel

What about this link? Sounds like she's talking bout Casey to me. http://www.newson6.com/story/15084225/woman-mistaken-for-casey-anthony-attacked

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments