Jane Fonda

QVC Axed Me

Over Possible Protests

7/16/2011 5:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jane Fonda's controversy in Vietnam is almost 40 years old ... yet she claims QVC canceled her appearance at the last minute because of fears of protests from disgruntled viewers.

0716_Jane_Fonda_TMZ_bn
Jane was supposed to appear this morning to promote her new book, "Prime Time." But Fonda posted a blog on her site this morning claiming QVC gave her the boot because "they got a lot of calls yesterday criticizing me for my opposition to the Vietnam War and threatening to boycott the show if I was allowed to appear."

For all you youngins ... Fonda was photographed sitting on an anti-aircraft gun during a visit to Vietnam in 1972. The incident has dogged her for years, earning her the nickname "Hanoi Jane."

In her blog, Fonda went on to say, "Bottom line, this has gone on far too long, this spreading of lies about me! None of it is true. NONE OF IT! I love my country. I have never done anything to hurt my country or the men and women who have fought and continue to fight for us."

Emails to QVC were not immediately returned.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

some guy

Maybe the people at QVC worked for the Viet Cong.

Tony C

Ya what she did during the Vietnam War was way worse then sitting on an anti-aircraft gun. Just ask John McCain I am sure the sccars on his body after her visit could tell a great story.

bozzman

denial doesn't make it so, hanoi jane. why would people make that up? go pose for smiling pictures with the taliban, a-hole

some guy

I was there when Jane visited 'Nam. She looked good.

Ugh... think I'll stop posting. This thread gives me bad memories.

Just A Grunt

It wasn't just the photos of her sitting on the anti-aircraft gun. It also came to light that one of the prisoners she met with passed her a note to pass along to his family. She handed it over to the North Vietnamese which resulted in this man being subjected to even more torture and abuse. It was her anti war activities in which she along with other high profile folks like John Kerry actively lobbied the cause of the Viet Cong.

No, it is much more then just an unfortunate picture.

Andy

I've read the accounts from our POW's at the time of her visit. She betrayed them and our country. I realize you were young and dumb, but certain things can't be forgiven..

Joanne

I haven't forgotten the how Hanoi Jane disgraced herself. I haven't forgotten how the vietnamn vets were not welcomed home. She should go hide in a hole and stay there forever.

jackmama311

don't go away mad, just GO AWAY.

some guy

@Just A Grunt

Is that really true? Can't believe an American would betray a captured American like that.

Puckett

And i give a sh*t why Ms. Fonda? I mean really? Actions have consequences, even 40 years later. Deal with it, bitch.

Kim

Traitor! she should have been kick out of American long ago..

lisatxss

Is this Melanie Griffith? LOL

Puckett

Nice try Jane, but being young, dumb, and full of c*m isn't an excuse for being a traitor to your fellow Americans. Did you think we would forget?

DirtySouth

QVC did the right thing. She's just too stupid after all these years to realize the impact of her actions from so long ago. You go over to enemy territory and pose for pictures with them (your fans) and look sympathetic as if you're going to take their cause back to America, what do you expect will happen? After the poontang dried up, Ted Turner wised up and cancelled that ho. She should spend her time educating the current Hollywood elite about the ramifications of their anti-American behavior.

Jessica

Sorry, she can try to rewrite history but this is still too fresh in many people's head. Like the men who were in the prison camp she visited. Or how about the pictures that still exist of her sitting on the anti-aircraft gun.

Maybe people would not be so hateful if she would claim some semblance of responsibility for her actions. Or maybe muster a sorry for the pain she did cause, but she won't. That is what still fuels the fire.

So Jane, if you have to receive your lumps from QVC, so be it. Just count yourself lucky you did not get them from the North Vietnamese.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments