Jane Fonda

QVC Axed Me

Over Possible Protests

7/16/2011 5:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jane Fonda's controversy in Vietnam is almost 40 years old ... yet she claims QVC canceled her appearance at the last minute because of fears of protests from disgruntled viewers.

0716_Jane_Fonda_TMZ_bn
Jane was supposed to appear this morning to promote her new book, "Prime Time." But Fonda posted a blog on her site this morning claiming QVC gave her the boot because "they got a lot of calls yesterday criticizing me for my opposition to the Vietnam War and threatening to boycott the show if I was allowed to appear."

For all you youngins ... Fonda was photographed sitting on an anti-aircraft gun during a visit to Vietnam in 1972. The incident has dogged her for years, earning her the nickname "Hanoi Jane."

In her blog, Fonda went on to say, "Bottom line, this has gone on far too long, this spreading of lies about me! None of it is true. NONE OF IT! I love my country. I have never done anything to hurt my country or the men and women who have fought and continue to fight for us."

Emails to QVC were not immediately returned.

terimwal

Bravo QVC! You know what they say, Hanoi Jane. You are entitled to your own opinion but you are NOT entitled to your own facts. You did not and do not "love your country." You DID do things to hurt your country and our brave troops. You are a traitor, pure and simple, and we will never forget.

Kathy

Sometimes the court of public opinion is way harsher than the court of justice. If you're going to play, you're going to pay.

Frank Wank

She is a bacteria. Leftists are like roaches. When exposed to the light of day they cannot face the truth. They are self loathing and lie to themselves. She probably actually believes in her demented mind she did nothing wrong. The only reason she says she loves her country is because of the s***bag dem POS in the White House.

Walter

Hear that sound? It is the sound of the world's smallest violin playing a sad song for poor old Jane. Just because she WAS a celebrity does not mean that she cannot be held responsible for her actions. She enjoyed being the liberal's darling 40 years ago by disrespecting our people in uniform, now she can enjoy the consequences.

Bob

Hanoi Jane can rot in hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

carpetMuncher

I remember when she did that, I was about 16 at the time, I remember seeing friends of mine coming back from there all disfigured and how everybody hated them and called them baby killers. I remember thinking why would anybody be so stupid for going to Hanoi and do that. Then as I got older I figured it out. Jane was like my sister and an avid person against the war and in her case very unfortunate that she was famous. She got caught up and was extremely stupid. She got some bad advice that this would be a good thing. Going to North Vietnam and kissing their ass and as well trained propagandist the Viet Cong knew how to use someone this stupid. So consider this Jane you like the servicemen over there fighting for what they thought was right so did you and you like them stepped on a land mine. Now Jane you must live with the scars of that war forever count your blessings at least you have your legs.

1939

Does Hanoi Jane really believe there is no one still living that saw her traitorious acts?

She sat on the anti aircraft gun, laughed and pretended to be shooting down U.S. planes. She betrayed the young POW that handed her the note.

It is a mystery why she was not brought to account at the time.

This will live on until everyone is dead that saw her. Then she can spin her lies.

Dave

I'm a Vietnam vet and my take is this woman should have been charged with and convicted with treason many years ago. She gives true meaning to the word "dirtball". What a bitch. Lots of guys suffered irreparable damage to body and mind after what she did on her POW camp visit. I will never go to a movie or read any books that have anything to do with this dirtball. My she suffer the rest of her life.

Bandonbound

why did you run a photo of Melanie Griffith???

D. Fuller

I agree with Tony C., she did a lot more than sit on an anti-aircraft gun! One thing I remember hearing was that POW's gave her notes to be given to family members, and instead Jane turned them over to the enemy and POW's paid dearly for it! She is a trader who will never understand the damage she did. Hooray for QVC!

Ace

She would have been a housewife or worked in a factory if it wasn't for her famous father.
Jane Fonda is nothing!

Samantha

Why does anyone give this woman the time of day? Don't buy her book-don'*****ch her movies-what she did was horrible!!! She can never be forgiven. Especially because she won't admit that what she did was wrong!

Ron`

I was a Corpsman during the Vietnam War and during a medivac from a hosptial ship of the wounded to the Pink Palace in San Diego(US Naval Hospital)I had my close encounter with this piece of human debris. Many of those we were transporting were teenage Marines and Sailors, many suffering amputations, and severe injuries and trauma. This traitorous bi*ch greeted these hero's by throwing dogsh*t at the bus we were transporting them in. I still have the photos, of her and her s***bag hero's, including Doanld Sutherland, and will never forget the image of this s****ucking oxgen scavenger calling these wounded warriors the worst of names. Their is a place in the bowels of hell for her waiting,and I am glad QVC realizes the American public is tired of the hagged, cosmetically altered hag pimping her services. She is the so liberal, sick, and a piece of trash that not even Ted Turner could stand her sharing the same oxgen he breath's with her. Don't buy any of her products and wish for her the same injuries and deaths she wished our Vietnam Heros. Way to go QVC

carpetMuncher

If she would have been tried for treason at the time she would have been made to pay for the crime. Then her cop out would be "Hey I paid for that crime wah wah forgive me". Without making her pay for the crime we can make her pay for it for her entire lifetime. She is getting the lesson of her life question is if she had a time machine would she go back and tell that stupid girl to stay home.

jen

As the daughter of a Vietnam Vet-SCREW YOU JANE FONDA!

Good on QVC.