Sheen

OFFICIALLY Announces

'Anger Management'

7/18/2011 10:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Charlie Sheen has finally OFFICIALLY announced what TMZ told you last week ... that he's signed on to star in a new sitcom based on the movie "Anger Management."

Charlie Sheen New Show

The powers behind the show released a statement this morning describing the premise -- "a mild-mannered, non-confrontational man is ordered to attend group anger management sessions led by a therapist who could probably use some anger management himself."

As TMZ first reported, Sheen will play the role of the therapist -- loosely based on Jack Nicholson's character in the movie "Anger Management."

In the statement, Sheen explains, "I chose Anger Management because, while it might be a big stretch for me to play a guy with serious anger management issues, I think it is a great concept."

Sheen's involvement in the series will also be more significant than in series past -- the actor adds, “[AM] also provides me with real ownership in the series, a certain amount of creative control and the chance to be back in business with one of my favorite movie producers of all time, Joe Roth.”

Roth has worked with Charlie on 5 projects, including "Major League," "Young Guns" and "Three Musketeers."

Roth says, “With Charlie’s incredible talent and comedic gifts, he remains the leading man of TV sitcoms. I’m excited to collaborate with him once again.”

The show -- distributed by DebMar-Mercury -- has not yet been picked up by a network.

unowen

Bet he has his hookers & drug riders in THIS contract.

I never saw 2 1/2 men... LIKED him in FERRIS BUELLER.

ManiacalZebra

A network exec would have to be insane to pick this show up. There is no guarantee that he will be sane enough to perform a full season.

Jude

How stupid?! He can't even keep his "Goddesses" these days. It will never be picked up. Too high risk. His Warlock-ery Violent Torpedoes of Truth appeared to be a turdfest. He should get his s*** together first, then resurrect his career. Meantime, I can't wait for the NEW and improved version of Two and a Half Men. The other talent on the show are overdue for return. Also, Ashton is a total hottie!

L

I'll watch this before I watch Ashton Kutcher. To clarify, I will never watch as show in which Ashton Kutcher replaces Charlie Sheen.

jacksonfive210

I love how only girls are happy ashton's the replacement! This show wont survive without men watching!Noooo straight guy wants to watch anything with ashton in it. He acts like a 13 year old kid with adhd!!!

Duude

Who is this dude?

TrevorHollywood

Seems like he's going to have a cameo in the new Smurfs movie as well. Here's the leaked pic I found: http://tinyurl.com/4yeg9jq

Zell

Anything involving Charlie Sheen is doomed to failure.

Carvey

Let me guess... his character will be named Charlie. He will be a drug and alcohol dependent douche with a history of domestic abuse. His catch phrase will be "Winning!"

jennifer

charlie sheen is a joke! he flips his mind on tv...then is completely back to normal?? MORON.. and wants to make a new tv show because two and a half men wont hire him back...i hope his new show loses just like he did..LOSING!!!

Martin

This guys is DONE. RETIRE DUDE

jacksonfive210

Charlie's turds make more money then 95% of yall!!!!

Autumn_in_Michigan

Hey, Ira -

Agree with you about horticulture therapy - practice it myself. Great way to stay grounded. Passed along that value to my children, who as adults all have gardens and garden with their children. More on topic - Charlie's brother Emilio has a beautiful organic garden. He has pics on his Twitter account if you're interested.

me

i will watch

Anne K

can't wait. I love CHARLIE and think he would be a hit no matter what show he decided to do. He is the proverbial Bad Boy