Casey Anthony Lawyer Negotiates ($$$) w/ Networks

7/22/2011 12:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jose Baez -- Casey Anthony's lawyer -- is holed up at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel in New York City, holding court with all of the major networks -- to determine who will score the first interview with Casey -- and big bucks are involved.

Casey Anthony

Sources tell TMZ ... NBC, ABC and CBS are all competing for the first interview.  Sources connected with the negotiations tell TMZ there is a "big price tag" for the interview.  We're told the networks -- which say they don't pay for interviews -- are offering to license photos and other material and pay big bucks ... that's S.O.P. in the network game.

We're told NBC looks like the frontrunner so far, but ABC is in the game.  We're told CBS "is a distant third."  We're told NBC is paying for Baez' hotel room.

Baez spent part of the night Thursday in the Mandarin Oriental bar with famed lawyer Mark Geragos (right) -- who knows a thing or two about high-profile cases.  We're told Geragos gave Baez pointers on negotiating the deal.

tmz-top-comments-banner
Tammy Tammy

Will NOT be watching. I hope the interview is a ratings flop, whichever network gets it.

holly holly

I mean.. unless she is going to tell everyone what happen to her kid... lost in grocery store, drowned, what ever.. the real truth is.. its just a waste of money to the fool that pays her to lie more. The girl has not said the truth yet.

jaz jaz

Where was all the outrage when Nancy Dis Grace was pimping out this child's death for profit talk about blood money , hypocrites all of you.

tmz-top-comments-banner
Tammy Tammy

holly holly

jaz jaz

Doreen Doreen

Networks are such freaking hypocrites! Shame on them.

Gatanegra Gatanegra

Networks will pay the big money because they know people WILL watch. If you watch, you're part of the problem!

Cindy Cindy

I'll watch, but I expect it to be a lot of nothing said.

becky becky

Whatever station it becomes... I will boycott!!! That woman has nothing to say that I want to hear.

Abe Abe

I can't wait to watch Casey's interview. Whatever network gets her, I'll be watching! x

Bean Reel Bean Reel

Here's what I'd give you for that interview: $0.00 It's not worth a plugged nickel to hear from that woman. Boo and bad karma to whatever Network forks over so much a dime. You can count me o-u-t out!

MyOpinionOnly

Dang I hate this censoring two words thing that TMZ does. NOT Watch is what its supposed to say. Guys, you really need to work on blocking the spam comments and not be such nazis over the word censoring. Good grief Charlie Brown!

RamHead

What is going on? Casey couldn't pay him, but he did not defend her for free I presume. And now he is negotiating? On her behalf? I guess he'll try to get a good deal of that "big price tag". So? More money for Jose Baez?

Her Imperial and Royal Majesty

If she went on T.V. and admitted to killing her daughter, she couldn´t be prosecuted, could she? It would violate the "doctrine" prohibiting double jeopardy, wouldn´t it?

kim purdy

Killing your baby is better than winning the lottery. Beautiful life Casey!!! You'll get your punishment in hell, I guess...cause you know...that's where you're headed :)

Bubbles The Chimp

America is such a third world country. You kill a kid, you get rich.

You kill a kid in the so-called third world countries, you get stoned to death or shot right on the spot.

Tell me America isn't Third World..now.

CountryGal

Is disgusted with men who thinks this child murderer is cute or sexy. Would she be cute if she murdered your 2 year old baby???

MyOpinionOnly

Dragon Tatoo - Speak for yourself! Some of us have a lot higher standards than that and not everyone is a sheep and will follow.

Lis

Can she keep her story straight this time?

Tellthetruth59

The only thing I want to know from the slore's lips is why and how she killed Caylee Marie. Networks are competing to see who she will get to lie to? Morons and whores. I won'*****ch.

Hate BB This Year

This is such a funny group. You will watch and you know it. Evidently people want to hear her story. Deal with it. Doesn't make it right by any means.

jerry

What a sick world when somebody is profiting on the death of their daughter.. and what a sick network and sponsor's that wants to make $$$ on that......But then again, people slow down to look at a accident, a ticket.....I for one would no*****ch it or ever buy a product that is sponsoring.....

2idiots

I'll bet she walks out of the interview the second she's asked WHY she didnt report her child missing (like pari******on walked off GMA when asked if she felt her day in the spotlight was over)

Casey will be painted into a corner and sadly she COULD sit there and say "Yes, I DID kill my daughter, but was found not guilty and there's nothing anyone can do"

Mark

BAEZ, all about the millions he can make off Casey. He will probably whore her out too, to the biggest payoffs. He is a huge loser.

Jay

Can we please not turn this baby killer into a celebrity.

w

That's three channels I no longer will be watching