Casey Anthony Lawyer Negotiates ($$$) w/ Networks

7/22/2011 12:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jose Baez -- Casey Anthony's lawyer -- is holed up at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel in New York City, holding court with all of the major networks -- to determine who will score the first interview with Casey -- and big bucks are involved.

Casey Anthony

Sources tell TMZ ... NBC, ABC and CBS are all competing for the first interview.  Sources connected with the negotiations tell TMZ there is a "big price tag" for the interview.  We're told the networks -- which say they don't pay for interviews -- are offering to license photos and other material and pay big bucks ... that's S.O.P. in the network game.

We're told NBC looks like the frontrunner so far, but ABC is in the game.  We're told CBS "is a distant third."  We're told NBC is paying for Baez' hotel room.

Baez spent part of the night Thursday in the Mandarin Oriental bar with famed lawyer Mark Geragos (right) -- who knows a thing or two about high-profile cases.  We're told Geragos gave Baez pointers on negotiating the deal.

tmz-top-comments-banner
Tammy Tammy

Will NOT be watching. I hope the interview is a ratings flop, whichever network gets it.

holly holly

I mean.. unless she is going to tell everyone what happen to her kid... lost in grocery store, drowned, what ever.. the real truth is.. its just a waste of money to the fool that pays her to lie more. The girl has not said the truth yet.

jaz jaz

Where was all the outrage when Nancy Dis Grace was pimping out this child's death for profit talk about blood money , hypocrites all of you.

tmz-top-comments-banner
Tammy Tammy

holly holly

jaz jaz

Doreen Doreen

Networks are such freaking hypocrites! Shame on them.

Gatanegra Gatanegra

Networks will pay the big money because they know people WILL watch. If you watch, you're part of the problem!

Cindy Cindy

I'll watch, but I expect it to be a lot of nothing said.

becky becky

Whatever station it becomes... I will boycott!!! That woman has nothing to say that I want to hear.

Abe Abe

I can't wait to watch Casey's interview. Whatever network gets her, I'll be watching! x

Bean Reel Bean Reel

Here's what I'd give you for that interview: $0.00 It's not worth a plugged nickel to hear from that woman. Boo and bad karma to whatever Network forks over so much a dime. You can count me o-u-t out!

venicementor

Thanks, I just threw up my breakfast! Once again, bad behavior gets rewarded - great for kids to know so they can turn into *********s just like these people!!

Pris

Why would you want to interview someone when you know it will be all lies. Kind of sounds like a waste of time, and money.

Charlie Sheen's Watch

The Devil at work - He knows American animals love the blood of a child.

Blood money! Animals for seeking a profit from the death of a child. ANIMALS!

ALL OF YOU! Someone start a petition to sign peldging NOT to watch any interview with Satan's daughter!

Satan is tempting you AMERICA! Tempting you! Satan was at that bar last night and he wants you to tune in!

Hate BB This Year

People will watch just like people sit on here and talk about it. Should have boybotted Nancy Grace, but no people watched.

cindy

Baez and the other lawyer are Vultures!!!!!!!!

2idiots

Her Imperial and Royal Majesty 6 minutes ago
If she went on T.V. and admitted to killing her daughter, she couldn´t be prosecuted, could she? It would violate the "doctrine" prohibiting double jeopardy, wouldn´t it?
-----
Your Majesty - NOPE there's nothing anyone can do if she admits. Double Jeopardy should be done away with. She could show up at your house of worship and stand at the pulpit and admit to killing Caylee and NO ONE can touch her

CountryGal

So Jose just asked Florida taxpayers for $150,000 yesterday and now he will make tons doing interviews?? Oooh can you say bad karma Jose? That skank whore can run around screaming "I killed Caylee" and noone can do anything about it. She is free (if you can really call it free)

lola

Disgusting....Baez, is this how Casey is taking the time to MOURN her daughter??????Will boycott such an interview....sick to my stomach....a murderer and her leaches getting fat of of a dead child....SHAME!!!!!!

Maggie

This is so despicable. Are we forgetting that there IS A DEAD little girl? And that this POS murderer hid that fact for 31 days? I could care less what this poor excuse for a human being murderer has to say and I hope sh rots is hell. VERY soon...

Sunshine

Crime does pay.

v4vendetta14

I hope that Baez dies a slow painful death... Whichever soulless network picks this up is dead to me too...

pk

A bunch of pigs, all of them. The lawyers and the networks.

OregonLuv

I will not be watching this or anything having to do with them. I don't want one penny or one tv watching second wasted any of them.

Matt

I'll be watching. I hope she wears her hair up.

kar

If I was Casey or anyone involved I would stay hiding cause somehow someone will get to them. I would be to afraid to do any interview, that would be crazy! Shame on any network that interviews any of them.