Casey Anthony Lawyer Negotiates ($$$) w/ Networks

7/22/2011 12:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jose Baez -- Casey Anthony's lawyer -- is holed up at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel in New York City, holding court with all of the major networks -- to determine who will score the first interview with Casey -- and big bucks are involved.

Casey Anthony

Sources tell TMZ ... NBC, ABC and CBS are all competing for the first interview.  Sources connected with the negotiations tell TMZ there is a "big price tag" for the interview.  We're told the networks -- which say they don't pay for interviews -- are offering to license photos and other material and pay big bucks ... that's S.O.P. in the network game.

We're told NBC looks like the frontrunner so far, but ABC is in the game.  We're told CBS "is a distant third."  We're told NBC is paying for Baez' hotel room.

Baez spent part of the night Thursday in the Mandarin Oriental bar with famed lawyer Mark Geragos (right) -- who knows a thing or two about high-profile cases.  We're told Geragos gave Baez pointers on negotiating the deal.

tmz-top-comments-banner
Tammy Tammy

Will NOT be watching. I hope the interview is a ratings flop, whichever network gets it.

holly holly

I mean.. unless she is going to tell everyone what happen to her kid... lost in grocery store, drowned, what ever.. the real truth is.. its just a waste of money to the fool that pays her to lie more. The girl has not said the truth yet.

jaz jaz

Where was all the outrage when Nancy Dis Grace was pimping out this child's death for profit talk about blood money , hypocrites all of you.

tmz-top-comments-banner
Tammy Tammy

holly holly

jaz jaz

Doreen Doreen

Networks are such freaking hypocrites! Shame on them.

Gatanegra Gatanegra

Networks will pay the big money because they know people WILL watch. If you watch, you're part of the problem!

Cindy Cindy

I'll watch, but I expect it to be a lot of nothing said.

becky becky

Whatever station it becomes... I will boycott!!! That woman has nothing to say that I want to hear.

Abe Abe

I can't wait to watch Casey's interview. Whatever network gets her, I'll be watching! x

Bean Reel Bean Reel

Here's what I'd give you for that interview: $0.00 It's not worth a plugged nickel to hear from that woman. Boo and bad karma to whatever Network forks over so much a dime. You can count me o-u-t out!

Previous 15 Comments | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96

Pat

I SAY THE ONLY WAY TO GET BACK AT THEM IS TO HAVE OUR CABLE SHUT OFF THEN ALL THE NETWORKS WILL BE FIGHTING I'M SURE WE CAN ALL THINK OF SOMETHING TO DO FOR A WEEK BESIDES WATCH TV THATS WHAT I CALL STICKING TOGETHER!

PAMELA

CASEY WILL HAVE TO LIVE ALL SHE DONE ON HER CONSCIENCE/SHE WILL ALWAYS HAVE TO LOOK OVER HER SHOULDERS REST OF HER LIFE/SHE WILL HAVE TO FACE THE REAL JUDGE AND THE GREAT ALMIGHTY ONE DAY/SHE LOST HER FAMILY AND BROUGHT SHAME TO EVERYONE WHO WAS HER FRIEND/SHE ISREALLY ALOSER AND IT SHOULD BE A CRIME FOR HER TO MAKE MONEY OFF OF KILLING HER CHILD.BAAZ AS WELL/BAAZ MAY BE A GOOD LAWYER BUT HE SURE DIDNT ACT LIKE CASEY ATTORNEY THUROUT THE TRIAL.ALL HE SAID N PROMOTED WAS REALLY AGAINST CASEY.I WAS SHOCK OF THE VERDICT/SHE SHOULD BE N PRISON LIKE ANYONE WHO COMMITTED A MURDER SHOULD BE/NO ONE CAN DO WHAT ALL WAS DONE TO CAYLEE AND SAY IT WAS A ACCIDENT/CAYLEE IS NOW A PRECIOUS CHILD N THE HANDS OF GOD /

meir ibguy

first the system gives the rights to the jury members to decide mrs anthony faith, but you dont respect there decision, so, not enough sweet cayle die, but you want to see her young mother also diying,just beceause of her lies and no matter the truth, you all blood thursty.

vy huynh

I will not be watching any network that pays her money. and will tell all friends and relative not to watch that network any more.

truth

i don't know about you but if my child was dead i would not be trying to pimp out her memory for money. that alone makes me question her character as a person. if she did or not .. really you want to make mony off her death? that is jusr sick ..and years down the road i have a feeling ther will be 12 people questioning there decision. Remember 12 people also say OJ did not do it either...

Barbara Kalkbrenneer

8-12 PLEASE - give us a break! The Atty is a s*** bag that will do anything for fame and $. I don't want to see Anthony's face on TV again - EVER. Shame on the media for sensationalizing this person. Goes to show the state of our society!

Pat

I WAS UNDER THE IMPRESSION THAT WHEN A LAWYER WON OR LOST EITHER WAY HIS OR HER JOB WAS DONE AND HE OR SHE WAS ON THERE MERRY WAY WHATS UP WITH JOSE BAEZ IS HE GETTING SOME OF THAT HOT BODY TREATMENE LMAO!

V Lawrence

Could the networks also consider interviewing some of our Supreme Court justices, having served or is currently serving, and inquire as to why our justice system appears to have flaws and what could be done about it?

Joe

to all the losers who keep saying theyre not gonna watch the interview... ur reading this!!! UR OBVIOUSLY gonna watch the interview. stop lying to urselves.

Richard Davis

I am an Casey Anthony boycotter, no blood money for that lying bitch of an baby killer, we want JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE, she deserves the same as what Caylee went through,

Reality_Bitez_Me

oh I'll be watchin -
WITH GUNS ON -
oh ya....bustin caps at my TV set and screamin for the Devil
...cuz she did it - everyone KNOWS she did it