Amy Winehouse

Died in Bed

7/25/2011 4:42 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Amy Winehouse was found dead in her bed by a security guard who had been appointed to look after her ... this according a rep for Winehouse.

Amy Winehouse Died
Chris Goodman, a friend and rep for Winehouse, explained, "She was in her bedroom after saying she wanted to sleep and when he went to wake her he found she wasn't breathing."

Goodman continued, "He called the emergency services straight away. He was very shocked. At this stage no one knows how she died. She died alone in bed."

Taylor

I hope she went peacefully in her sleep

McG

I was genuinely shocked when I saw this as the top story. What a heartbreaking thing for a 27 year old die so suddenly. Aside from the amazing talent, she might have been able to put her troubles behind her and have some peace in life had she had more time. Prayers of comfort going out to her family and loved ones.

glow

ALTHO THIS CHICK WAS KNOWN FOR DRUG USAGE... WHY DIDNT HE CHECK ON HER CONSISTANLY......@STU I AGREE WITH YOU... SHE COULD OF BEEN DRUGGED BY SOMEONE CLOSE TO HER...SMH... HAPPENS ALOT..

george fudge!

So she died in bed, was Dr. Murray helping her sleep??
The security guard needs to be interrogated. Did he flush pills down the toilet before dialling 911?
This one is likely an easy call, a pathetic junkie finally mixes the right amount of alcohol & drugs.

ahahah

Alone in bed is not as bad as you make it sound.

It's way better than dying on the crapper, alone (thank goodness) like Judy Garland! And Elvis, right? Didn't Elvis die on the porcelain throne as well?

cp

friday nite, I was in bed with fever praying and I asked the Lord whos in need of prayer. He put Amy in my heart (Dont know the music,or anything of her) I obediently prayer for her in length. I asked the Lord if she knew that I was praying for her, a stranger no way connected. My heart was content to know that she was in need of prayer. I was shocked to find out that had died, when I had just prayed for her soul. :( God loves us deeply to the point when we arent aware he sends someone to keep us in prayer, for many times we cant even pray for ourselves.

daftshadow

welcome to the 27 club. many died of drug overdose and/or drug related with health problems.

Mick Kahler

While not much of a fan of Amy's music, here's a message to the idiots who say it's great to die in bed. It's not great to die in bed when you're only 27 BLEEPING YEARS OLD!

RonBurgundy

The only one that should be upset about this is her heroin dealer....

...and maybe the unfortunate coroner that has to smell her spotted and worn out liver.

Rene

My god, to read these judging comments..Poor girl is dead,,don;t you think that is enough punishment for being sick and addicted. Her family will suffer dearly..I wonder though , did the police not ever have any power to maybe arrest her with the white nose and keep her. Maybe someone could have helped. AND Lindsay Lohan, read a page from this..

imstac

PLEASE---RESPECT for her??? Did she RESPECT her body while ingesting drugs? Did she respect her PARENTS and FAMILY while ingesting drugs? Ok and its the cops fault cause they didnt arrest her??

MoonDust

RIP Amy, your voice and endless talent will be missed. Loved your style of music and loved your voice.:(Sad about your passing to a "better" life....

Areader

@Bruce....Your nasty comments along with the other haters here have no place on this comment board. Show some decency!

bring back recent posts

....not doing chores???????...

Jim

My heart and prayers go out to all those grieving families in Norway. They had no say in their deaths.