Amy's Dad:

'Goodnight My Angel

... Sleep Tight'

7/26/2011 7:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Amy Winehouse's father gave a touching speech at her funeral moments ago ... telling stories from her childhood ... playing music ... and telling his daughter to "sleep tight."

072611_mitch_winehouse_splash
The 45-minute ceremony was led by a Rabbi and included prayers in English and Hebrew.

During Mitch Winehouse's eulogy, he said, "Goodnight my angel ... Sleep tight. Mommy and Daddy love you ever so much."

The ceremony ended with a rendition of the Carole King song, "So Far Away" ... while Mitch encouraged mourners to sing along.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

smd

first....still dead!!

t

A touching end to a tormented life....R.I.P. Amy Winehouse...

Kari

Rest in peace, Amy. And smd--I'll pray for you. You need it.

Rage

Worst pain in the world is to bury your child.
Prayers to the family.

RIP Amy

SCREAMFAN3001

No matter what you thought of her (Or Anybody) Thats just a reminder that she was somebodys child.For her to burst on the scene over here in the U.S. so quickly just proved she is an official ICON and you gotta give props to that.

cookies

So far Away
Doesn't anybody stay in one place anymore?
It would be so fine to see your face at my door
Doesn't help to know that you're just time away
Long ago I reached for you, and there you stood
Holding you again could only do me good
How I wish I could, but you're so far away

Everyones~A~Star

Condolences to Amys family.

Woot

So, so sad. I'm sorry, Winehouse family. Even though you'll never see this, my thoughts are with you.

No more pain for tiny Amy.

nan

very sad..may she rest in peace and comfort..hope her parents can get through this....hardest thing for any parent to lose a child..:(

lady

That was great from her dad. So glad amy went in peace and may her soul be at rest now. What a loss we suffer with the talented young people. I wish for peace and love for her family and friends.

Lu

RIP Amy. Prayers to her family and friends. I hope they all find peace.

Why?

Farwell Amy...you will be missed...and thank you for sharing your gift.

Rotter

I think they should retire beehive hairdos in her honor.

Bleh!

Every parent's worst nightmare: losing a child. Sympathy to Amy's parents! She was blessed to have two loving parents. To have that and so much more, only to self destruct is very difficult to understand.

bOObs

God rest your soul, Amy. May you now be free from your turmoil and demons and be at peace. No matter what your thoughts are about this woman, she had an amzing talent and gifted voice. At the end of the day she is someone's daughter, friend, sister, and people need to have respect for the family. May her family find healing and remember the joy of her life she brought to them.
RIP, Amy