Cops to Jeezy: Your FERRARI Isn't Flashy Enough!

7/27/2011 4:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

FERRARI ADVICE: When you roll around town in a $192k car ... people notice -- especially POLICE who claim rapper Young Jeezy failed to signal while changing lanes in ATL this weekend.

0726_young_jeezy_pulled_over_launch_EX
TMZ obtained photos of Jeezy talking with Atlanta police officers around 8:00 PM Sunday evening ... after cops pulled over the rapper's super-customized 2011 Ferrari California.

We're told 3 officers in 2 squad cars handled the situation -- and Jeezy was eventually allowed to drive off after receiving his ticket.

Jeezy's citation will cost him somewhere in the neighborhood of $200 ... but based on his ride, we're guessing he can afford it.

We called Jeezy's reps for comment -- so far, no response.

Cartman

Brothers shouldn't drive convertibles. Especially if they can't figure out how to properly wear a cap or put a curve on it's brim.

Mandy

Obviously people don't understand law enforcement. For all the people complaining about three officers in two cars, here you go. It means the car doubled up was a field training officer with his trainee. It is common for cops to have automatic backup hence the second officer in the second car. Anything they do that makes their job safer, I'm all for. Traffic stops are extremely dangerous to make and that is when most officers are shot.

Anonymous

He wasn't pulled over for DWB, he was stopped for DWS...Driving While Stupid. It takes very few brain cells to operate a turn signal. And I would say that lack of signaling leads to far more accidents than speeding alone does, for the simple fact that if someone is moving faster than the flow of traffic, you can see them coming. But if someone doesn't signal to change lanes, then the person isn't expecting someone to get in front of them, or turn in front of them.

But he should be lucky he is getting this ticket in the USA. We should have laws like Switzerland, where fines for traffic tickets are income based, not a set fine. That failure to signal for an average person might be $200, but for someone making millions, driving a $250,000 car could very well be a $200,000 fine.

mike

Cops think they are on a mission from god. It's trully scary

KeiserSoze

Another bunch of s***bag cops.

Atlanta P.D. / YOU ARE S***BAGS FOR PROFILING THIS GUY.

There are worse people out there you could go after. But let me guess,

You are afraid of fighting real crime.

yvetterene

Wow! 2 cars and 3 Officers?! That's a bit of an overkill. I have to agree that he got cited for DWB.

JAN

Bastard cops strike again! 3 cops for one guy that didn't use his turn signals... bunch of overpaid, overfed idiots. It's Quota time so DON'T SPEED people (and yes, quotas exists, it's confirmed to me by 4 different cops!!!)

Suz

I've lived in Atlanta for the past 20 years, and I have NEVER heard of anyone getting a ticket for not signaling to change lanes. It was absolutely a case of a black man driving a nice car. Actually, I'll shorten that... It was a black man driving a car. I'd say 90% or more of people I see pulled over are black or hispanic.

Big Ron

They was just hoping to smell weed when they pulled him over so they would have probable cause to search his vehicle! Reminder people Jeezy is a former cocaine trafficker.. pretty lkely hes still under federal investigation they lookn for a reason* keep on pushn!

anita

THAT IS A LOAD OF CRAP!!!! and it took all those cop to do this bulls@#*.

Monica

Ahm, no, $200 for not using your turn signal is not the case. I was pulled over in ATL recently for running a red light, and my ticket was something around that. No way you get $200 for not using a blinker. And while I'm white, I've lived here for long enough to know that you don't even get pulled over for not using a blinker (my right one has been out of 2 months now), but a black man in a car like this will get pulled over in a sec. Sad sad city this is.

richards

Wow, driving while Black is a bitch no matter how sweet your ride.

DawnPsells

Racism NOT. I am one of the people who sent those photos to TMZ and I am African American. You guys need to get your **** STRAIGHT before stating opinions about things you know NOTHING about. First of all, although the "official" ticket was for signaling without changing lanes, they pulled him over because he was driving like a maniac and showing off for all of us who were looking at him. Everyone in ATL knows his car, so a lot of people were looking and he was showing off for all the people with cameras. He was driving like a mad man. The cops pulled him over and BTW there were BLACK COPS there too!
Also the only reason he had to get out of his car was because he had several loaded guns in the passenger seat. So, please, feel free to copy and paste this and pass it on to EVERYONE who makes the false assumption of racism.
When you guys say that ****, it diminishes the cases of actual racism and gives those cases less credence.
Shame on TMZ for being in such a hurry to air this that they didn't get all of the facts.
-Dawn

Dawn

-Dawn

nyc44th

Dawn . . as I stated in my post above, I saw this go down, (as obviously I was in Atlanta at the time). If the cop REALLY wanted to get someone for doing something dumb, he could have grabbed me because I didn't see the cop and turned into his lane way TOO CLOSE! I don't know what you saw, but there was traffic on Peachtree Road at the time and the Ferrari was actually going slow when I saw the cop get on his bumper all the way back at East Paces Ferry Road. Now I admit I turned right, right before they pulled him over and he MAY have taken off after I turned . . but if he did it would have been pretty stupid because the cop was following him as far back as Piedmont Road and Peachtree and was right on his bumper at East Paces Ferry (as stated). That's a LONG way to follow someone. btw . . I don't know who Young Jeezy is or could care less . . It just seemed obvious as hell to me the cop was following him because he didn't like a black guy in a Ferrari and was just looking for him to do anything to pull him over. NOW . . he may have been acting stupid before I got on Peachtree at Piedmont when I ended up next to him . . the cop was a couple cars behind us . . so maybe he did and the cop was checking him out.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments