Rave Movie Premiere

LAMEST "RIOT" EVER!

7/28/2011 9:28 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Hollywood Riot
A riot broke out in the center of Hollywood last night ... but instead of looting, the "rioters" were planking, instead of guns there were glow sticks.

The disturbance erupted during the premiere of the "Electric Daisy Carnival Experience" at the Grauman's Chinese Theater.  DJ Kaskade drew a crowd by tweeting "Today@6pm in Hollywood @Mann's Chinese Theatre. ME+BIG SPEAKERS+MUSIC=BLOCK PARTY!!!"

Hundreds of people descended on Grauman's, only to be told by cops the event was canceled, triggering the "riot."

Some of the fans jumped on police cruisers ... the cops in riot gear responded by shooting bean bags to break up the crowd.

It was the funnest riot ever, complete with tourists, kids, people all glittered up, women dressed as geishas adorned with electric lights ... even an overweight dude in pasties.

Kaskade tells TMZ "I'm incredibly disappointed that [Wednesday night] ended the way it did. It's unfortunate that a few disrespectful people turned what was supposed to be a celebration of music into a regrettable event. This is not what EDM is about."

rich

TMZ, can you get some news from somewhere? These kids are just looking for some attention...and sure enought TMZ gives it to them. I'm not interested in stupidity.

Geoff

Looks like even the riots are phony in Hollywood

Jack

can someone please tell me what the hell kaskade is??????

Max Power

Kaskade is retarded. What the hell do you expect when you're a well known DJ calling for a flash crowd in Hollywood. I'm disappointed he didn't have the sense to organize it to accommodate the large crowd that was obviously gonna show up. If I went I would've been pissed at him and not the cops. He needs to stop placing the blame on the crowd that gathered.

evan

jeez - people are rioting around the world for freedom and these douches are carrying on why?

IDEM

everything was fine until SOME retards decided to act like idiots! they ruined it for everybody!!! real fans wouldn't have done that to KASKADE!

Smoke

This is not what EDM is about. You morons out in LA need to chill the fack out. And you wonder why EDC was moved from Cali to Vegas? You act like tools over a movie premier, not even the festival itself. SMH in Detroit.

I was there

HAHAHA I WAS THERE.. ******* REBELS WITHOUT A CAUSE...

Dana

"funnest"? .......really? I hope this was written by an intern and not a paid employee

fra

Kaskade is a jerk for ruining the premier of the EDC Experience do***entary. A lot of people put a lot of time, money and effort into that do***entary and instead of the press covering the premier, they covered the so called "riot" caused by his egotistical call to arms of his fans. The event wasn't about him, it was about the EDC experience. I bet Pasqual and the rest of Insomniac are furious. He screwed up big time, not to mention the fact that his antics cost the city of LA a lot of money and manpower away from things that have more importance. Good job Kaskade, next time, stay home.

Cdeanne33

I recognized someone in this video, that chubby guy with the mustache, glittery nipple stickers, curly fro and shimmer pants....is in a pic with my friend on facebook, wearing that same outfit. Lmfao

divinit

I am really grateful to have the information from this blog. I liked the blog as it has been written,the information i got from here.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2