PETRA ECCLESTONE

I'm Not Spoiled...I'M PRIVILEGED

7/29/2011 11:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

072911_perta_video
22-year-old BILLION-heiress Petra Ecclestone -- the chick who just bought Candy Spelling's mansion for $85 MILLION -- says she's NOT spoiled ... she's privileged -- and there's a HUGE difference.

Ecclestone spoke with "Good Morning America" -- and explained why she decided to purchase the home ... saying, "It was a great investment, and I got a really good deal and it was, like, prime real estate."

0729_candy_mansion_subasset
When asked why she didn't use the money to pay for affordable homes for 1000's of families -- she replied, "I help as much as I can, but at the end of the day ... however much the house has costed, that's not going to kind of I dunno ... like change the world I don't think."

Petra -- daughter of a Formula 1 racing tycoon -- added, "I'm not going to not live in a certain way ... just because there are people less fortunate than I am."

Does Petra have a point?

ghost

Rock on girl! I hope I'm you in my next life

leo

how come no one asked such idiotic questions to Aaron Spelling when he owned the house ?? or to Oprah ??

Truth

Why in the F..k do you have to buy people houses. It is your money do what you want with it.

josh

OH NO NOT ANOTHER FREAKING BRIT WHO THINKS THEY'RE BETTER THEN AMERICANS. THESE BRITS THINK THAT THEY RULE THE WORLD AND THAT SHIP SAILED LONG AGO!

no one

I have worked since before I had my workers permit. I have worked my ass to grind stone trying to make something of my poor up ringing. I have dont more to make something of myself then this lush ever has! This person has no reason to have that much money let alone to say that she is one who does anything for anyone! Dont let ppl like this take over the usa! The world already hates us!

minwo

People are jealous

JS

Go ahead and be jealous of her $. That's going to get you nothing. Good for you kid!

jwoolman

Money is never wasted unless you toss it into the ocean. Whatever money she spends ultimately pays for somebody's groceries and somebody's rent. She will certainly employ quite a few people to keep that place running as well. She can always give other money away to good organizations (and they don't have to be connected with housing). Not everybody likes to be public about their donations and we don't have the right to demand such an accounting. She's rather young and probably hasn't yet figured out smooth ways to say this to interviewers.

cake

I'd be lying if I said I would *hate* to have this person's youth, looks and wealth.

But it's idiotic to pose the 'spoiled' vs. 'privileged' question to this young woman... or let her get away with it as some sort of valid answer.

It warms my heart to see several comments regarding her speaking ability... Hopefully, it was just a momentary gaffe... one would think a woman/family of such wealth would ensure the most incomparable, top notch education...

I'd love to have the material/physical things this woman has, I have no qualms being honest about it. But what I don't covet is her flippant attitude regarding those less fortunate (kudos for her for her one specific charity...).

I think of Bill/Melinda Gates and say - now THEY are people who really DO value their money/wealth... by giving so much to so many - and they aren't the only ones.

I'd love to have the cash and the beauty, but if I had to choose between that and my brain... sorry, I'll keep my brain, average-ness and poverty. : ) She looked uncomfortable. Maybe that's a good sign! : )
I wish

Kelly

Do the people at Good Morning America, such as the person who asked the question, give up some of their own income each month to help those less fortunate with rent? If so in relation to their pay how much do they give each month?

Melanie

Spoiled, privileged...? Most likely just stupid.

anonymous

Spoiled a normal 22 year old would never be able to afford that type of house... She didn't buy the house Daddy gave her the money

Billy

Dip**** with cash. This woman is clueless. Wish she'd fall off the face of the earth. Let's not report on her any more as we don't need another Paris, I've got VD, Hilton in the news any more.

tracy

So, grammar wasn't a huge part of her expensive education, huh?

Casey Anthony

Can't say I blame her. Screw poor people!