« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Dodgers Beating Case

KEY WITNESS DIES

BAD SALAD SUSPECTED

8/1/2011 4:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0801-bryan-stow-BN
One of the men who was with Bryan Stow at Dodgers Stadium on the day he was attacked has died ... and officials believe his death can be chalked up to a salad that contained nuts.

Matthew Lee -- Stow's friend who accompanied Bryan to the game on March 31 -- died yesterday. Lee's official cause of death has not been released -- but according to reports, officials believe his death was the result of an allergic reaction triggered by nuts in a salad he had eaten for lunch.

Lee was regarded as an important witness in the case against Stow's alleged attackers -- Louie Sanchez and Marvin Norwood.

According to court documents, prosecutors believe Sanchez punched Lee in the parking lot of Dodgers Stadium before attacking Stow.

Both suspects have yet to enter a plea in the case.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

kdogg

Let this be a lesson. Stop snitchin!!

PEREZ,SAMUEL aMERICAN

wow i have been searching for a lawyer all my life ..,, nuts !! , you eat nuts all your life and and one day you choke on them .. sucks ,, >oO< more then obviuouse is he would have known by now if he was allergic to them .... ?mm mmmmm

bob

Those two beaters are gonna walk now.

Man ....That's Nuts!

john wayne gacy

sounds like the mustard has come off the dodger dog;

seems like there is a hefty price to pay for san francisco
fans to visit chavez latrine to watch the giants .....

No comment

He apparently had a reaction to peanuts. I suffered anaphylaxis recently from eating sunflower seeds. I have eaten them all my life, and this last time within 15 minutes of eating them my throat closed up. I was rushed to Urgent Care and now have to carry an epipen with me.

Sleepwalker

Get attacked by a wild man and then die from eating your lunch meal!Now Spike tv has a new segment for the 1,ooo ways to die tv show!RIP

Bruno

Bizzare.

Mick Kahler

Those salads will kill you. Seriously, I'm very sorry to hear of this and yes, it DOES sound suspicious.

Sassy

Very sad. My sympathies to his family. Nut allergies are very scary.

LLM

Well isn't that convenient for the accused. A little TOO convenient. Not buying that it was accidental .. Just too coincidental.

If sense were common everyone would have it.

And I'm sure the f***TARDS who did it & all who support them are dancing a jig.

Poetic Justice, please be done with casey anthony. There's 2 guys you have to visit soon...

RabbleRouser

So sad that tragedy has visited these folks again. My condolences and hope that it doesn't delay justice for Bryan and his family.

Lauren

he was an important witness...anybody suspect foul play with the salad thing?

amazon_woman

LOOKS VERY SUSPICIOUS, MORE LIKE A HIT JOB !!!

MissAnn

This doesn't sound like an accident. Looks like he was taken out on purpose. Someone knew about his allergy and used it to kill him.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments