Sean Kingston

Open Heart Surgery

After Jet Ski Crash

8/3/2011 6:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0803_sean_kingston_BN
Sean Kingston says doctors had to perform open heart surgery on him after his Memorial Day weekend jet ski crash -- calling the experience a "life or death situation."

Kingston just sat down for an MTV First special and told Sway Calloway ... when he was being released from the hospital, docs discovered a heart condition that required immediate surgery.

080311_sean_video
Kingston explains, "I had open heart surgery and I had two other surgeries ... it was a life or death situation."

King says he's now back to "100%" -- and compares the former Marine who pulled him out of the water to an angel ... saying, "It was just like an angel in the sky." Kingston says he's emailed his hero and plans to meet up with the guy in the near future.

Kingston spent 23 days in the hospital after his Memorial Day weekend crash in Miami -- where, along with the heart issues, he was treated for a shattered wrist, broken ribs and water inhalation.

northern gypsy

wow...take about freaky...let me get this straight...
BECAUSE of his accident doctors detected a serious heart condition ???
either way this is one lucky fellow...
ps
seeing the grim reaper sure has matured him...

LADY K

Sean just Thank GOD for the MIRACLE it was in GOD'S plan that day for a reason, maybe to get your attention, I say to you always put GOD first fore most in everything you seek after. GIVE GOD PRAISE. BE BLESSED

destini

I hope he realizes how truly blessed he is and doesnt do anything like that again!

James R. - Los Angeles

I don't memba him.

Is he all growed up now?

lou

Sean is very lucky to be alive. If this had happened 20 or so years ago, he would have been a goner. I hope that he lives life a little more safely in the future - I'm not sure that humans get 9 lives, but he seems to be on #2 so he'd better take care on this one.

lou

I am assuming, perhaps incorrectly, that the ruptured aorta came about as a result of the jet ski accident, and was not random. If it was unrelated to the accident, then perhaps it was a lucky stroke, so to speak, that the accident occurred. So that puts him on life #3.

dadudedd

yet another nobody that has used up their 15 minutes.

Sammie

I hope he appreciates what he's been given.

cindy

Man,... He is VERY lucky to be alive. I'm sure he thanks God a lot. Maybe this accident was meant to happen so they could discover a heart problem he had. God works in mysterious ways.

Sonja

Wow, sometimes bad things happen for a reason I guess.. as for it being God's plan? .. yeah God gave him a serious heart condition, hid it, then almost killed the kid so the doctor's could find it and correct it via surgery... That God.. such a prankster. (yes I'm rolling my eyes)

Mike

Seriously---The little fat dude is bleeding this for every cent---What a Scam......Maybe had heart problems but that was not due to the accident---More due to the extra fat he carries around and the fat arteries that cant pump blood as would for a Normal person---So shut-up and lose weight and you wont have to whine bull-crap anymore...One hit loser....

kea

Sean was rescued by off-duty Coast Guard Petty Officer 3rd Class Jonathan Rivera, not "a former marine."

discod

How quickly people forget that Sean kingston was accussed of rape with his entourage in a hotel a while back.....wonder what happened about that situation.

Kia-2

James L.

This dips?!t needs to go away. He wrecklessly endangered the life of someone else and now people are praying for this dumb mutant ab@ration.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments