MEL GIBSON

ATTENDS BIRTHDAY PARTY

FOR TWIN GIRLS

8/7/2011 6:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0807_mel_gibson_AP
Mel Gibson was spotted entertaining Teresita Cajas, a 10-year-old formerly conjoined twin, at a birthday party for her and her sister Josie in Malibu yesterday.

Gibson has been a long-time supporter of Mending Kids International, the charity organization that arranged for the $1.5 million surgery back in 2002.

Firefly

captain chillymost:

Making silly faces at you to make you laugh. :P

igotfleasfromtmz

Just as handsome as ever.

igotfleasfromtmz

captain chillymost: 39 minutes ago
Why is he mocking that poor child's facial expressions?

OH NO don't tell me this is horrorwitless sorta reminds me when he was assaulted by Mel's wink.

Firefly

igotfleasfromtmz,

The first time I saw your avatar I tried to kill it on my computer screen. I still laugh when I see it.

igotfleasfromtmz

Firefly it is kinda like a firefly except it sucks blood and doesn't light up

THE BEAVER

Aw, that little girl is probably thinking..mommy, I want that cute doggie. Can we take him home with us? Her mommy saying.. I wish we could, hun. lol

God bless you, Mel, for what you do with kids and for kids !

Corinne

Just a PR stunt to rebuild his reputation. Typical Hollywood stunt most celebs use that has gainged a bad reputation.

Curious

Howdy Folks :)
LOVE this! And so very happy to be a part of the organization that made it possible.

For those who are unaware - Mr. Mel and Mrs Robyn have been a big part of MendingKids for a long while. Call it a PR stunt if you will - I'm for it if it will make folks aware of this great organization. But of course, most scoffers wouldn't think of actually helping the kids. They much prefer mocking the man. That's ok, there's a place for small minded pettiness in this world - if for no other reason than to amuse me. Deal with it.

--"It is a miracle," said Jenny Hull, an executive board member of Mending Kids International, the organization that arranged the $1.5 million surgery and has financed much of their care through donations.

Also among the guests was Mel Gibson, a long-time supporter of Mending Kids who has known the sisters for most of their lives. The actor walked with the girls up a hill to the party, laughing with Josie and blowing bubbles with Teresita.--

Curious

I'm very glad to see more exposure. Mr. Mel's been devoting some extra time recently to MendingKids. I hope they are successful in opening a facility in Panama.

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

Mending Kids gives him happiness AND they obviously WANT him. They don't ahve a ton of haters among their staff for hm to have to deal with. So why not give them his time? Good all over him!

Team Mel!

Curious

Sam I Am -
Hiya :)

Completely agree with you on all counts. It's doing good all around. More than I can say for Miss Oksana.

Curious

I'm off - laundry waits for no man (or woman, especially not women =D).

Hugs to all my groovy folks, I'll eventually have time to chat, lol.
Ya'll be well and stay frosty.

Tohidu.

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

Only thing that can be said for Ox is that she got out of Russia and poverty..... of course, in my book, in most peoples books, that isn't a big accomplishment when she did it by using everyone around her including her children. Some people place no value on morals and/or integrity...

gemini81

Well, that's sweet...but he's still a scuzzbag. He apparently needs all the positive publicity he can get!

SKay

That's the "real" Mel and that's why we continue to love him. There is nothing that cannot be fixed!!