Donna D'Errico

Canceling Her Quest

TO FIND NOAH'S ARK

8/9/2011 2:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0808_derrico_noahs_ark
Donna D'Errico is canceling her life-long dream quest to find Noah's Ark because she fears if she makes the trip ... she might never return.

D'Errico announced her plans in January to head out on an expedition to Mount Ararat in Turkey -- where the Bible says the Ark came to rest -- something she's wanted to do since she was a little girl. She's been training to make the climb for the past 12 weeks and it's all been filmed for an eight-part documentary.

But now D'Errico is scrapping the plans, telling TMZ she now fears for her safety if she goes.

First, her hiking partner canceled because of death threats. Then, her guide (a local Kurdish man) "relentlessly attempted to talk [her] out of" going ... and eventually he jumped ship as well.

It's probably best she leaves the treasure hunting to the experts ... like Indiana Jones or The Goonies.

Travisty

Oh well. Maybe she can search for Atlantis instead... or leprechaun gold... or a brain.

Snoogs

1. Who?

2. Noah's Ark? What's next, Santa's Toy Factory?

3. Who?

Vinny

Wow...what a nutjob. The same loon that supported Ron Paul. A washed up actress and Playmate that noone remembers. She should still go..and get lost in the mountains. Maybe just doesn't wanna go to Turkey so she doesn't get pat down again by the TSA? LMAO...

BigUglyTexan

What's a Donna D'Errico and why is it taking up space that could be spent keeping me up to date on the whole Xatar situation?

john wayne gacy

It's nice to hear she at least has aspirations.

So many in Hollywood settle for what comes there way.

Cheers for those like Donna who go after what matters to them in this world.

SantaFeJack

What, may I ask, is this woman's claim to fame? I, personally, have NEVER heard of her.

osteenq

It helps the trip if you look for things that actually existed, too.

So not going was probably a good call.

some guy

Shame she isn't going. I think she has a good shot at finding something that people have probably been searching for thousands of years.

I actually heard she scrapped these plans so she can concentrate on finding the Ark of the Covenant.

SLH

if only Noah had left the dumb blondes off the ark!

steve

darn... what a good headline it would have been to read "D'Errico killed and raped looking for biblical evidence!"

STEPHANE

I'm sorry TMZ but Mount Ararad Is in Armenia and not Turkey. Please change this Information on your Blog. Its one of our most proud Hystorical Facts .
Thank You.

HYE

Actualy, Mount Ararat is in Armenia.

Chris

I believe in GOD and that there was indeed an ark with Noah on it. I don't need someone to find it to prove to me. And, no, I don't believe in Santa, but the guy in my house who "plays" him for my kids each year gives me plenty of gifts.

amy lynn

Hoe absurd! I just spent two months in Eastern Turkey and never felt unsafe. Mount Ararat is a beautiful place with many climbers coming from all over the world on a daily basis..if anything the Mount Ararat area is to touristy but unsafe absolutley NOT!!!

Criss