George Lopez Jokes

I was Fired 'Because I'm Brown'

8/11/2011 6:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

George Lopez
George Lopez wasn't afraid to talk about his show getting canceled on "Lopez Tonight" yesterday -- but he told the crowd that he was being fired because of the color of his skin.

Lopez -- whose voice was featured in the "Smurfs" movie -- was talking about how Sony has greenlit a "Smurfs" sequel during his monologue ... and quipped, "So today I lost some work because I'm brown, but I got some work because I'm blue!"

Is Lopez REALLY blaming race ... or was he just trying to crack a bad joke?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

bambam4LSU

WHO CARES,, He isnt FUNNY anymore, since the day he bashed GW BUSH.. KRAMA is a pain..

steponme

Maybe he was fired because of the stuf he said about Jay Leno

Ann

Surely he was not serious. As much money as he has made, he cannot play the race card and truly believe that. I am surprised he has gotten as far as he has, his sitcom was HORRIBLE. The lady who played his mother was a HORRIBLE actress.

moe l.

You were fired because you're NOT FUNNY! EVER!

JBDragon

If no one is watching, you get CANCELED!!! I've no*****ched it once! Then again I haven'*****ched ANY of the late night shows. Then again I have to be at work at 5AM, so no late night for me anyway. Still I don't think of TBS for Late night talk shows! I'd guess the other will also get canceled at some point in time also.

Rex Kramer

George. PLEASE don't play the race card with this one. The show was unequivocally painful to watch.

Ann

I thought I was the only one that thought he wasn't funny. I am so glad to know that others feel the same. I have never thought he was funny. He is actually very disappointing.

Hench

Hopefully it was just a bad joke. Kinda tired of the race card garbage many use. Shows get cancelled all the time

two cents

He's an idiot. I'm not surprised he pulled the race card.

After what he did to his wife after she gave him LIFE by donating one of her kidneys, I've lost all respect for the man. I'm sure I'm not alone. good riddance to rubbish.

Khate sucks

WOW REALLY? That's the most STUPID excuse I've heard! Get over it people! WHA WHA Quit crying people....you know your show was DUMB and that's why it was cancelled!

Chuck

He always pulls this crap. His talk show was canceled because it was crappy. He said the same thing when the George Lopez show was canceled.

Jack

Take your millions George and shove them straight up your a$$.

The PMG

OR maybe George was fired because he's not funny and he's a total tool.

MDS

you were fired because your show sucks

anony

Cracking a joke. He must have known it was coming.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments