Ex-Warrant Singer Jani Lane

DEAD AT 47

8/12/2011 7:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jani Lane Dead
Jani Lane -- former lead singer of the rock band Warrant -- was found dead at a hotel in L.A. Thursday evening ... TMZ has learned.

Lane's body was discovered at the Comfort Inn hotel in Woodland Hills, CA. So far, no official cause of death has been released.

Jani Lane DiedLane famously penned the band's biggest hit "Cherry Pie" back in 1989 ... before eventually leaving the band to pursue a solo career.

Lane had a history of alcohol-related issues -- he was ordered to serve 120 days in jail after he was arrested for DUI in 2010 ... his second DUI in two years.

Lane was 47.

Warrant
0803-remembering-jani
danecook danecook

"whoa can we rewind to where we've been ooh I wish you'd take a look and see the shape I'm in" RIP Jani Lane your music was my youth

davenavarro6767 davenavarro6767

Sad to hear about Jani Lane... Had a chance to play with him in Camp Freddy years ago. Very nice guy. RIP pal...

bretmichaels bretmichaels

We'd like to offer our deepest condolences to the family of Jani Lane regarding their loss. Respectfully, Bret and all at MEGI

0803-remembering-jani
danecook danecook

davenavarro6767 davenavarro6767

StevenAdlerSite StevenAdlerSite

I'm so sad that I lost another dear friend to this horrible disease. I've known Jani for over 30 years and he had a heart of gold. Luv u bro

MrTommyLand MrTommyLand

RIP Jani Lane

bretmichaels bretmichaels

Slash Slash

Just heard about Jani Lane. What a shame. RIP man.

NikkiSixx NikkiSixx

I just heard the sad news about Janie Lane. So hard to swallow when people have kids. RIP.

IAmJericho IAmJericho

Sad to hear about the passing of Jani Lane. Jani was a good guy and one of the best songwriters in the late 80s Dog Eat Dog-very underrated

Blaine

He probably listened to his own music and it killed him.

kelly

omg, wow! talk about sudden!! he was just in my town a week ago!! i hope it wasn't drug or alcohol related. RIP jani!

DubstepDistribution

RIP DUDE

chery

I remember him more from Celebrity Fit Club (same season as the Snapple Lady and Gary Busey)than from the hair metal era. RIP.

Lauren

rockers wear out their bodies

forreal

Never liked Warrant but I must admit I was really shocked to see this. I knew he had some issues but I didn't know they were THAT bad (assuming it was an overdose of some kind). That's really too bad.

mick rowe

One of the best guys in rock ever!!

RearNakedSmoke

RIP, bro. A tiny little tribute.

Melissa

RIP Jani. Hugs not drugs folks. So sad. He was so talented.

Damion

Um, TMZ, you are supposed to know it all...so how could you make the uber-goof of claiming "Cherry" Pie" was their biggest hit? It peaked at #10. As did "I Saw Red." However, both are GROSSLY overshadowed by the success of their true biggest hit, "Heaven," which peaked at #2.

Alena

So sad. I have a friend who co-owns this music club in Cleveland and was good friends with the guy and had nothing but good things to say about him. May he rest in peace. God bless him! And people who speak I'll of anyone recently deceased needs to be ashamed.

Areader

Very sad, my prayers go out to Jani's family and friends.

Harry Caine

... gotta love all the hacks talking smack? What, checking the web on your fifteen minute smoke break between shifts at Jack In The Box? Whether you liked his music or not, dude had more success in one week than most of you will ever have. His time came and went, but multi-platinum records and sold our tours were a part of his world for years - while you clowns are asking people if they want to super size. Get over yourselves. Forty-seven years old is too young to go and being that it was most likely due to addiction, it's even sadder. Grow up, losers.

Sam

Worst. Band. Ever.

And, he was the most visually offensive human.

yerppi3

Wow now I'm creeped out. I was thinking about this guy this week out of nowhere because I remembered him from "Celebrity Fit Club". Literally just this week I said "I wonder what Jani Lane is doing now".....wow.