Ex-Warrant Singer Jani Lane

DEAD AT 47

8/12/2011 7:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jani Lane Dead
Jani Lane -- former lead singer of the rock band Warrant -- was found dead at a hotel in L.A. Thursday evening ... TMZ has learned.

Lane's body was discovered at the Comfort Inn hotel in Woodland Hills, CA. So far, no official cause of death has been released.

Jani Lane DiedLane famously penned the band's biggest hit "Cherry Pie" back in 1989 ... before eventually leaving the band to pursue a solo career.

Lane had a history of alcohol-related issues -- he was ordered to serve 120 days in jail after he was arrested for DUI in 2010 ... his second DUI in two years.

Lane was 47.

Warrant
0803-remembering-jani
danecook danecook

"whoa can we rewind to where we've been ooh I wish you'd take a look and see the shape I'm in" RIP Jani Lane your music was my youth

davenavarro6767 davenavarro6767

Sad to hear about Jani Lane... Had a chance to play with him in Camp Freddy years ago. Very nice guy. RIP pal...

bretmichaels bretmichaels

We'd like to offer our deepest condolences to the family of Jani Lane regarding their loss. Respectfully, Bret and all at MEGI

0803-remembering-jani
danecook danecook

davenavarro6767 davenavarro6767

StevenAdlerSite StevenAdlerSite

I'm so sad that I lost another dear friend to this horrible disease. I've known Jani for over 30 years and he had a heart of gold. Luv u bro

MrTommyLand MrTommyLand

RIP Jani Lane

bretmichaels bretmichaels

Slash Slash

Just heard about Jani Lane. What a shame. RIP man.

NikkiSixx NikkiSixx

I just heard the sad news about Janie Lane. So hard to swallow when people have kids. RIP.

IAmJericho IAmJericho

Sad to hear about the passing of Jani Lane. Jani was a good guy and one of the best songwriters in the late 80s Dog Eat Dog-very underrated

Mandy

When I worked at FM Station he would come in and jump on stage and sing with other bands, he was always nice to the staff, RIP.

Billy

Really, take one guess as to what the cause of death will be? A d-bag strung out on drugs and alcohol. Is that a stretch for anyone to imagine?

Star

Jani Lane was one of the nicest most genuine people I've ever met. I NEVER heard him say ANYTHING bad about ANYONE...and there was plenty to say. Some of the ******** that posted below could have learned a lesson from him. He had the voice of an angel, I loved him and I'll miss him. It takes a REAL LOSER to say crap about someone that's died when the didn't even know him. Jani was a great guy (no one said he was without fault) and he was a blessing to those that knew him.

scottyg

Wow people...lots of very cold comments...bet none of you sayin that has ever been in the position of the "Rockstar" lifestyle??? Its tough and very draining...can't ever get rid of the jetlag feeling, and the lonely part is tough. He did good in life.
Salute w/respect, Janie

Daniel

RIP jani!!! tks for all, thanks for your talent and your amazing voice

Angel

Now I'm really sad. RIP Jani. Rock on.

Kardashian H8R

So sad. I loved Warrant. Cherry Pie rocked. He used to be so hot!!!!

fallenangel0156

It is so sad and childish when people make fun of somebody who passed away! R.I.P Jani Lane :(

soapy

so sad to hear this, he had an amazing voice. RIP my friend. :(

jake

totally bummed,,,he was a cool guy,,,great voice,,,thier album dog eat dog,,was bad ass,,,he was a great song writer,,and he was a partier,,,had a hard time letting go of those good ol days,,and times got hard,,hoped he would make it thru it,,very sad,,,such a shame..just glad he left some really good music to be remembered by,,,r.i.p

Nicole

r.i.p. jani you will be missed

i said lesbians...

gotta be suicide, i saw a interview with this guy and he just kept saying how much he hated his life for being known as the "Cherry pie" guy. he said "i could die right now and be known as the cherry pie guy"

and now he is. kinda blows...

Ryan

another junkie dead right? are you sure? were you there? just because someone has a history of it, does not mean that person died with a bottle in their hand or narcotics in their system. some of you people right away think od. all i know is parents just lost their son, and his daughter just lost her father so shame on some of you people for your negative comments.

Cosmo

I can;t believe how cruel you ******** are. Jani was a talented man and was loved my his wife and his two beautiful daughters.
R,I.P. Jani

Linda A

Please show some respect. His wife is a member of my family and the comments being made on sites such as this are hurting her even more. Let her grieve without all of your hateful comments.