Vodka, Pills at Death Scene
8/12/2011 8:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Investigators found a half-empty bottle of vodka and prescription medication in the hotel room where Jani Lane died yesterday ... TMZ has learned.
Sources tell us paramedics were called to the Comfort Inn in Woodland Hills, CA yesterday around 5:15 PM. He was pronounced dead on the scene.
An autopsy is scheduled for later today.
We're told Lane's death is being treated as an accidental overdose or a possible death from natural causes.
Get TMZ Breaking News alerts to your inbox