Jani Lane

Vodka, Pills at Death Scene

8/12/2011 8:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jani Lane Death
Investigators found a half-empty bottle of vodka and prescription medication in the hotel room where Jani Lane died yesterday ... TMZ has learned.

Sources tell us paramedics were called to the Comfort Inn in Woodland Hills, CA yesterday around 5:15 PM. He was pronounced dead on the scene.

An autopsy is scheduled for later today.

We're told Lane's death is being treated as an accidental overdose or a possible death from natural causes.

some guy

Ehh... at least he went out like a rocker.

Bender

Vodka & pills? Sounds like it could even be a possible suicide. It wouldn't surprise me with the ridicule and shame he has brought on himself over the last few years...

Either way, Rest in Peace. very sad for his wife and children. :(

Bender

You guys couldn't get a better picture than that? Something even remotely in focus?

SLH

another lost soul trying to fill that inner void ... may you be at peace

dangerouslamb81

sounds like a suicide. but my loved one drank eeverything and took all her pills before hand. they aren'[t sharing every thing and that's okay. peoiple dont die in hotel rooms like this from natural causes usually. much love to his family and those that loved him. this saddens me and all those that lost those that left us too soon. xoxo......

Joe

hopefully people can learn from this. when you do drugs, there is only one outcome. for anyone out there that has a problem, please get help. dont be ashamed, get help !

northern gypsy

47 is not that old...lets hope its a undetected medical condition...
if its not his grieving family will be devastated...
my condolences to his close friends and family...

help this young woman

What are you gonna do with the leftover vodka? He's not using it - can you send it to Linds? Money's kind of tight around here lately (don't tell anyone) and Linds could spend her money on a little coke. OK?

justme

Well I for one am shocked! ..... not really....but I am sad. Those dayum pills are the devil. They are the hardest addiction to kick. I hate to say it but they should only be prescribed on your death bed!

RonBurgundy

Alcohol mixed with drugs can kill you.

A self-inflicted gunshot to the head also can kill you.

I say suicide. Sad, but painfully realistic when people lose the will to live.

tmz@frog.cc

How old is he?

dana11

I ran into him back in the early 90's and he told me he was a diabetic and had to watch how much he drank due to the sugars in beer, etc. Maybe this was related to his death.

CCC

Not sure if this was a suicide or not. A lot of these older rockers still party like they are in their twenties and the body can take just so much. Too bad. I quit drinking and doing drugs many years ago, not because I wanted to, but because of the toll it was taking on my innards. Now that I am closing in on fifty, I feel like I'm in my 30's. I think like I'm in my 20's. And I act like I'm in my teens. Thank God I quit because it might have been the death of me. Just remember kiddies,

CCC

DRUGS ARE BAD, M'KAY!!

Jake

There's a shocker....celebrity dies with drugs and alcohol present. Anyone know any background here...has something like this ever happened in the past?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments