MTV's REAL WORLD

The PALATIAL Party Pad!

8/13/2011 3:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0812_a_real_world_house_launch_EX
The new cast of MTV's "The Real World" will kick off the show's 26th season in a MASSIVE San Diego beach-front pad -- and TMZ has learned ... the house underwent some AWESOME renovations before the cast moved in.

The gorgeous, 5 bedroom, 6 bath, 8,600 square foot mansion has a pool, tennis court, and some pretty breathtaking ocean views.

Sources close to the show tell us -- the home's owner moved ALL the furniture and decorations out of their crib about three months ago -- fearing the typically wild cast would ruin all their stuff.

Once the house was empty -- the show staff added a FULL bar in the living room, a jacuzzi on the deck ... and turned the tennis court into a life-sized chess board.

... Because nothing says drunken house party like a life-sized chess board.

3Storms

Because it's total "real world" to lock up a bunch of people in an expensive place to live and just tell them to argue, have sex, fight, and get drunk all day

Pittsburgh Kid

Throw them in a repo house and make them work at Walmart and pay their own bills.

Kathleen

OMG! Get rid of this stupid ass show already!

South Beach

,,my dream home. What a view.....Why would a homeowner turn this jewel over to this show is beyond.

www.skinnerboxclothing

Punk Rock inspired us to push the social envelop and set our own path. It's about being different and standing out from the pack. We've dedicated our company to all of those out there that have strived to stand up and question authority. Oi!

Sputnik2

MTV needs to JOIN the real world. Used to be nice watching the music videos. Now just seems to be a POS network with wannabe famous loser idiots, producers, and writers. Miss the "old days".

Bad Motherhugger

Sorry, my day doesn't have enough hours for crap like that. If I want to see ridiculous people get drunk and fight I visit my extended family.

But I'd really like to have a life-sized chessboard at my place. I always have to walk down to the park to play chess on the big boards and sometimes all of them are already taken. On the other hand, I'd have to invite my chess companions over and some of them are very strange people...

otownkid

only dirt nasty says palatial

boz

How does a house like this have anything to do with the "real world", except for less than 4% of the population. MTV sucks.

some guy

I'd be surprised if any of them knew how to play chess. Where can you get giant checker pieces?

sam

the show started in 1992, this is the 20th season

Wesen patterson

I have seen the house and took pictures. Their neighbor across the street was very nice and didn't seem like he hated the kids. He told me they drove a gray Kia suv. He was a guy in his 60s and very laid back, it's La Jolla by the way

already at the party

Where have you been TMZ? All of the news outlets in San Diego have been reporting on this for months, and Vevmo.com broke the news over 2 months ago...

Throwback kid

This show is so lame and played out. They should change the beginning to what happens when you put 6 retards in a house together. Any loser that would still go on this silly show are probably updating their myspace page right now!

O-Dog2GX

They still make this!!!!!! This **** is what killed MUSIC TELEVISION(not on the $$$$$ level.) I remember the 1st season when the young girl from GA and Heather B were on there in a NYC Condo back like in 1990 or 91 getting the most attention.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments