Michael Jackson Tribute Concert

We're Killing KISS

From the Roster

8/16/2011 10:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0816_gene_simmons_ex

The promoters of the Michael Jackson Tribute Concert have heard fans loud and clear -- Gene Simmons, who has accused Michael of being a pedophile, and his band KISS, have been dropped from the roster.

There was a flurry of criticism after TMZ posted a story ... that Gene said last year, "There is no question in my mind he molested those kids.  Not a doubt."

The promoters tell TMZ, "We have listened to Michael's fans and are grateful to have been alerted to these unfortunate statements by Gene Simmons.  Under the circumstances we fully agree that even though KISS is a band Michael admired we have no choice but to rescind our invitation to them to appear in our tribute concert."

The Estate had fired off a letter to the promoters yesterday, expressing their displeasure over KISS performing at the concert.

saywa

Man! does he look like the "FAT ELVIS" or what!
And yes! I'm a current member of the KISS army - since 1978

HH

The fact is, he was a grown man who invited little boys to sleep in his bed. That's a fact, he said it himself.

That's not an okay thing to do... simply because he was a celebrity.

mj fan forever

"""EVEN THOUGH""" WHAT?!?!! MICHAEL JACKSON NEVER SAID HE ADMIRED THAT DISGUSTING BAND OF WHICH IS PART THAT DISGUSTING GENE SIMMONS!!! DIRTY LIARS DISGUSTING GREEDY EXPLOITERS PEOPLE!!!! SHAME ON YOU!!!!

Filter2k

uh oh... i've gone and done it now. Guess i can't attend the MJ knock-off tribute concert. There is no question in my mind he molested those kids. Not a doubt.... ban me from the roster too, and the MTV sell-out PPV and the HBO do***entary AND the rock band tribute disc. Bla.

CH

Are you people serious standing up for Gene? The man tries to convince everyone that he doesn't look at or grope any other woman but the one he loves but won't marry? He states all of the time he's in a monogamist relationship - with his track record we're supposed to believe him?? LMAO He knows for fact MJ was a pedophile just as I know for a fact Gene's full of **** when he's crying "I didn't fondle that woman!" Gene - pull up a chair with Bill Clinton and swap stories...at least he's one person who knows what happens when lies catch up to you....

judy

the fans would booed him off stage and throws things at that 2 face gene.

Criss

GOOD!!!

shock

keep on rocking gene. to hell with mj and his tribute. we don't need someone who beats with kids

deathmetalking

Gene is shameless for originally wanting to perform at this event given his remarks about jackson. That's just plain hypocritical and Gene and Kiss are all about the $$. So I understand why the family booted Kiss off the bill. With that said I do agree w/what Gene said. MJ was a pedophile that preyed on the weak and just because he was found not guilty means nothing. Casey Anthony and OJ were found not guilty but you had better believe they did those acts. Jackson was a loser and poor excuse for a human being, molesting and ruining kids lives. I hope he is rotting in hell and satan is eating his bag o bones!!!

Kittycat101

From an interview with Dr Wayne Dyer (also see his blog http://www.drwaynedyer.com/blo­g/real-magic-and-michael)

What concerns me when I see particularly a lot of the messages that are coming to me on the Internet about people making accusations about this man... and that troubles me a great deal because this was the kindest, sweetest, most beautiful human being and I trusted my children with him obviously.

I know for absolute certain that this is a man who could never have done anything that would be harmful to anyone. He was very much a child himself. He was as kind and decent and spiritual a human being as I ever had the pleasure of spending any time with. I dedicated one of my books to him.

When you look at his enormous talent and the commitment that he had to ending the world hunger, for example, -- he personally was responsible for cutting the number of people starving to death on this planet IN HALF back in the 1980s and the 1990s with "We are the World". And he took no money for it at all.

This was a beautiful, beautiful human being -- someone who would go down in history as one of the greatest entertainers EVER, but more than the great entertainer this was a great man who lived a very tortured life, particularly in the last several years of his life. I think being accused of those kinds of things when he and his heart were so pure........

I think it took a huge toll, a huge toll! I was telling my children last night, "Anybody can make an accusation such as that". They could have made an accusation when my wife and I split up. And I've heard of people...........a friend of mine who was in practice as a physician. He had an affair and his wife got angry at him, and she went out and made accusations about him and their children in that light, none of it was ever true and it was all dropped, but ultimately it ended in his suicide.

So these kinds of accusations, these kind of things that people say -- be very careful about that and knowing in your hearts, if you trust me, that my time with him and those five days with him back in 1991 solidified for me that this was a transcendent being who had not only enormous talent but a heart as big as the sky

c

Don't know why the estate is so pissed. EVERYBODY thinks it. Gene just had the guts to say it.

Patty in MN

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. I applaud Gene's honesty. Personally, I'm getting a little tired of the family milking MJ's memory for all it's worth (to them).

yvonne from uk

Ok so all the posters on here who are so sure that they know the truth about Michael should educate themselves a bit before opening their mouths, do a bit of research, read Redemption and Conspiracy, both very informative books which prove Michaels innocence without a shadow of a doubt, then go online and read court do***enta and FBI investigation reports. It's all out there for you to read for yourselves but instead you read gutter press reports and believe the crap they write just to sell more papers. Sadly most of this rubbish was started by British tabloids, a practice they still continue. All this said why bother posting on here if you hate Michael so much, keep your opinions to yourself and go somewhere else. In my opinion the tribute should be cancelled. End of story.

nan

i dont know why some people think mj was unwilling to go though a criminal trial with evan chandler and his puppet son..
it was the chandlers who wouldnt go to criminal court ..ever.not in 94 , again...not when evan again tried to sue mj for 60 million dollars, when they still could have gone for a criminal case, and not in 2005 when another kid family was trying to pull the same scam ,with the same civil atty and same psychologist, same twisted d.a.
..we know from court and f.b.i. files ALL the chandler men refused to come in and testify , even ray who was promoting a book at the time..
they ALL hid..
it was always just about evan being jealous of mj and using his kid to destroy his career and reputation because he was a failure at his profession and a lousy father.....failure as a human being.
..he was not staying out of criminal court to protect his son..he didnt care one bit about that kid or he wouldnt have been shopping stories with the enquirer before the ink was dry on the settlement..
then of course comes my favorite part...where evan tries to kill jordie , no doubt over that blood money..
the fact of the matter is mj was found not guilty in that kangaroo court, that a bigoted and vindictive d.a set up to take him down, same as he was trying to in the nineties, and now the court of public opinion is changing now that people are looking at the facts..
here is a podcast of tom mesereau talking about a conversation he had with a person from the grand jury from the 90s..i have noticed after the fbi files came out that what mesereau say s is always truthful,but not so with sneddon..