'Real Housewives'

Russell Armstrong

Commits Suicide

8/16/2011 8:36 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Russell Armstrong Dead

Russell Armstrong
, the estranged husband of "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" star Taylor Armstrong, was found dead of an apparent suicide ... sources tell TMZ.

Our sources say Armstrong hanged himself. He was found hanging in his bedroom on Mulholland Drive.

We're told L.A. City Fire Department arrived at his home and pronounced him dead at 8:16 PM Monday. Sources say a roommate found Russell and called 911.

We're told authorities have not found a suicide note.

Taylor filed for divorce last month, after she claimed Russell physically abused her.  We're told authorities informed her of Russell's death last night.

He was 47 years old.

Story developing ...

update_bar
8:13 AM: Bravo and the cast of "Real Housewives" were unaware of Russell's death. Kyle Richards was distraught when she saw the TMZ post, and Lisa Vanderpump was speechless.

9:29 AM: A rep for Bravo tells TMZ, “All of us at Bravo are deeply saddened by this tragic news. Our sympathy and thoughts are with the Armstrong family at this difficult time."

9:35 AM: Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... no drugs or alcohol were found in the bedroom where Russell died.  He was fully clothed when his body was discovered.

Russell Armstrong Death

0816_russell_twitter_memorial 0816_camille_grammer_memorial
0816_adrienne_maloof_memorial
0816_andy_choen_memorial

0816_russell_twitter_memorial 0816_camille_grammer_memorial
0816_adrienne_maloof_memorial
0816_andy_choen_memorial
0816_countess_memorial
0816_danielle_staub_memorial
0816_nene_leakes_memorial

Previous 15 Comments | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27

Liz

Suicide is always a horrible tragedy. It's very sad to read about this, even though these people are strangers to me. BTW who cares if he was "fully clothed?"

Veronica

Im so sad for Russell and his family... may he be at rest now.

Barb

Who carec about spelling people. This man was an abuser! He abused his wife and I'm sorry but she's free now and I wish her well for the rest of her life. He can't hurt her again ... he could have killed her, then we'd have 2 dead people so at least we have one good, strong woman here that survived.

Jules

seriously...after all the abuse and media attention....how do we know she didnt have someone paid off to take care of him...little weird if u ask me and now a days anyone who is in the spot light seems to get away with anything including murder...i dont blame her if she did but i doubt was suicide!!!!

Delores Byng

Ms Armstrong I am so sorry for your lost .my prayers goes out to you and your family

spudder

it is sad that the guy killed himself. But the woman is milking it for all the fame she can its quite pathetic. crying about no trust fund then saying she didnt marry him for his money. GO GET A JOB AND SUPPORT YOUR DAUGHTER SKANK

damo

good job tmz, saw your show this morning - repeats obviously here, but you ripped the guy a new a.h. and derided him publically due to his wife slutting around stars etc, and .. contribute much?

pathetic really...

sheri

@Kathy,
Suicide being a "cowardly" wa out issomething we have been taught by generations before us. I thin it is eant well but very much untrue. When someone is in that state of miond, they honestly feel dieing is best for everyone....as if they'd be doing family and friends a favor by thier absence in the world. It is the ultimate hopeless state of being.
I know, I've been there.I know you meant well Kathyin speking for the ones left behind but truly, suicide is a much deeper/intense state of depression than one just merely saying they are "sad".

Diane Jenkins

Sorry for your horrible loss and such a waste. I am only commenting now because I have my own nightmare to deal with. My son 26 years old hung himsself on August 19,2011.
He left 2 little girls behind ages 4 and 7 years old. This has been the most unthinkable , unbelievable,life change for all of us who loved him so much. His Dad and I found him and God help me with all the guilt and grief that I feel. If U know anyone who may be sucididal please get them help.If U love them be patient with them, they are a lot more fragile that U can ever imagine. My son was fragile, weakened by bath salt and so out of his head it was horrible. Watch them closely or U will grieve forever.
Diane Jenkins

CountryAsGrits

My heart so goes out to Taylor and Kennedy. I am a dedicated viewer, especially with the drama that has recently surrounded this season with Taylor and her home life. I have been through the exact same thing...I loved a man for years who manipulated and abused me in private, He threatened to kill himself if I left. He did exactly that( after burningdown my home.) I am sure Taylor has feelings that will haunt her the rest of her life, along with all of the "What If's" My prayers are with her and her little Kennedy.

CARA BALDWIN

SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR LOSS, I HAD NO CLUE UNTIL I SEEN IT ON DEC 7 2011. MY PRAYERS GO OUT TO U AND UR LITTLE ONE.

becki

@ john... theyre actually not hyphens but em or en dashes... why are you even focusing on grammar? get a life, and a book.

Libby

I think she is full of ****. her fake lips, her spending all this money on that rude brat daughter's birthdays. russell could have stopped alot of that. Her running around at the party in the short skirt flirting. No she is not a victim

Joyce

Suicide is always the last way out. RIP and may good have mercy with your soul v-zug

Previous 15 Comments | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27