Hair Band LEGENDS Unite

To Honor Jani Lane

8/19/2011 3:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0818_jani_lane_poster_ex_2

Some of the biggest hair bands you haven't heard from in 20 years are REUNITING in Los Angeles next weekend ... all to pay tribute to their fallen comrade Jani Lane ... and they're doing it for free.

Great White, Quiet Riot, LA Guns, Enuff Z'nuff and Slammin' Gladys are all set to perform at the Key Club in Hollywood -- and we're told Lane's family will be there.

300 FREE tickets will be given out at the Key Club box office starting at 10:00 AM.

Lane -- the former lead singer for the rock band Warrant -- died last week at an L.A. hotel. Officials have not released his official cause of death.

0812_jani_lane_footer

Phoenix Mike

Drivin in from Phx. for SSMF this Sat. Was plannin' on drivin' home to Phx. Sunday but gonna stick around for this awesome event if am lucky enough to get a ticket.:))) We all will miss you Jani

SK

Um....guys? These bands are all on tour damn near constantly. If you "haven't heard from them in 20 years," it's because you haven't been paying attention.

Fan

The price of eye liner stock will surge!

RedR

For the record, this "LA Guns" is NOT LA Guns with Tracii Guns.

Carl

Why won't Warrant be there?

hoosierdaddie

Lets hope Great White doesn't burn the place down and kill everybody.

jenn

Great White doesn't have their Original singer, nor does Quite Riot,sadly because of the same reason Jani is dead. The Key club needs to get these bands all in the same place, push Dr. Drew and Dr. Phil in there and lock the doors. I'm sick of seeing friends die or end up not being able to function because of their habits.

Enough

So much hate on these chatboards. A man died that meant a lot to a generation, his family and friends. He had more success than what I am guessing most of you on here that spew venom will ever see. If you don't care or have nothing meaningful and nice to say, say nothing at all. When one of your loved ones dies, I wonder how many of you would appreciate hearing such hatred. Maybe you don't have loved ones and that is the reason for such bitter comments.

Kevin DuBrow

Enuff Z Nuff is a POWER POP band! Why do they continually get grouped in with the hair metal rockers ... not that 98% of TMZ readers would know any better.

BellaDonna

What I think is sad is that when someone in the industry dies way before they are suppose to , and most of them are having trouble in there lives, money woes, depression whatever the case may be , I am amazed who comes out of the woodwork to pay respect, to honor them , why the hell dont these same people try to help. Sure maybe a few do , and the other 85 % where the hell were they at. Always got the time for some free publicity...never have the time to lend a hand even if it was an unwelcomed hand.

ro

I now he's dead an all but they didn't have to make him look like a ghost on this flyer. That's some bad photoshopping. But at least they aren't charging for the concert.

nu sox n draws

any pictures of his schlong?

Tommi

Wish I could be there, he knows I would if I could....I will always miss the old days with him and wish I could have helped him in the later ones. R.I.P John!!

jester

has-been bands reuniting for a has-been one hit wonder. i am sure it will suck

jennifer

People amaze me these days with there meaningless comments about people both alive and dead. You know if you can't say anything nice then keep yur traps shut!!! He was an amazing frontman and singer/song writer. At least he was out there living his dream and it wasn't easy. How many of you are doing the same. Oh let me guess you are sitting in front of your t.v. playing xbox. At least our generation got out and moved. Get a life people and get some caring for others in your hearts if you know them or not!! you know that is the problem with the world today!! He will be missed!! He is loved and he will live on in so many hearts. R.I.P. Jani

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments