PETRA ECCLESTONE

Get Candy's Old Stuff

Out of My Mansion!

8/18/2011 4:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0818-candy-Hilton-&-Hyland
Petra Ecclestone
is purging her $85 million mega-mansion of everything reminiscent of Candy Spelling ... from the expensive chandeliers to fireplaces and even wall lights ... TMZ has learned.

Ecclestone recently invited 4 major antique dealers to check out the 57,000 square foot Holmby Hills mansion and bid on anything they could move out of the place.

Sources closes to the situation tell TMZ ... Petra was NOT a fan of the way the home looked when Candy was living there ... and now she's on a mission to rid the place of everything from the Spelling era so she can start over from scratch.

One of the dealers invited in to the antique event was Jan's & Co. Fine French Antiques -- which picked up several Baccarat crystal chandeliers, a 19th century Edwardian style marble fireplace, the set of 4 French Louis XV style gilt-bronze wall lights from the dining room ... and more.

In total, we're told Jan's walked away with close to $1,000,000 in goods.

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

ZZZzzzz, ZZZzzzz, ZZZzzzz.......

Caligirl

Well, it's her's to get rid of but I am disappointed that she didn't find a way to use the crap she didn't want to benefit some needy families. Much of this stuff could have been sold to help out some very desperate families. Little simple things could have made someones year. Contact me Petra if you have any other Spelling items you don't want. I can barely pay my rent.

Nostradamus

Go on girl, eff the haters.
PS- convince your dad to bring F1 to the U.S., at least one race.
She already donates millions to charity work...
so if you're gonna rag on her, ask yourself how much YOU donate.

Jen L.

This is par for the course for Petra and her sister. They get highly expensive properties and completely remodel them. Whatever the girls want their parents gladly buy it for them. Even careers. Then they get bored and move on. Petra will probably sell this place for twice what she paid for it when the market gets back on track.

sab

is this the house from the Matrix?

dolphin

I just threw up. that stuff is UGly. Guess money doesn't buy taste.

Leader of the ignorant masses

Why are you insisting on cramming this scrawny skank down our throats? No one cares and this is pretty far from celebrity news. I am actually starting to miss the 500 MJ or even Paris articles at this point. Bet she is too lol.

Jim

Uhm... Petra... If you didn't like the interior design, lighting fixtures, European fireplaces, etc. WHY DID YOU BUY THE PLACE? The home can't exactly be turned into a contemporary lucite palace, can it?

It seems to me that SOMEONE has too damn much money to waste.

Kelly

I can understand her wanting to put her own touch on her new place but it remains to be seen if she improves on the decor or just takes it up the tacky notch.

CountryGal

The Seven Deadly Sins: wrath, GREED, sloth, pride, lust, envy, and GLUTTONY. Don't forget people are starving right now little rich girl. I wouldn't want that house even if I had the money, it's RIDICULOUS.

kkbow

She is going to need a ton of workers & household help! Stop griping about her money & be thankful for all the jobs she will providing!

QE2

If I had that kind of money at her age I would not have wanted all the live-in help that she will need. Adctually, I still wouldn't.

Dragon Tattoo

I fail to see the interest in this story about a rich person buys an expensive home.

Jim in Cali

Hey she's helping out the economy!!!

Mr, Know it All

Petra bought that house at 1/2 the asking price. It is an investment that will make her even more millions when sold in a few years. Her mother "loaned" her the money so her new husband can't claim it as property if they ever get divorced.

Candy Spelling has absolutely the worst decorating taste... almost as bad as Donald Trumph with his gold plated everything. I would rip everything out of that house too and start over with a real decorator instead of that god awful mess.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments