"Real Housewives of Beverly Hills"

Taylor Armstrong Beaten

Camille Grammer Threatened

8/19/2011 10:11 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0817-taylor-armstrong-camille-grammer-2ex
Taylor Armstrong
secretly revealed to cast members she was beaten so badly by Russell Armstrong she had to undergo surgery -- and when he found out she spilled the beans, he sent Camille Grammer a chilling, threatening email ... this according to multiple sources connected with the show.

We're told ... in late June, as "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" was shooting season 2 ... Taylor was severely beaten.  Sources say Russell hit her in the face so hard he cracked bones in her cheeks.  Sources say there are pictures of the injuries and they are "horrific."

Taylor -- who was hospitalized as a result of the beating -- tried to keep it a secret, but she had a big problem ... she couldn't show her face for weeks, and she feared she'd be fired for appearing to be uncooperative and flaky.

Sources say Taylor confided in Camille Grammer and Kyle Richards ... both of whom urged Taylor to tell Bravo what really happened.

We're told Taylor went home and told Russell about her conversation with the two women and the outrage they had shown when they heard what happened.  Russell reacted by sending Camille a "very threatening" email.  One source who read it said, "It was the rantings of a lunatic."

As for Taylor, her injuries were so bad ... shooting was delayed for several weeks.

Russell Armstrong Death

Leslie

First, let's stop the hatred. If you saw pics of Taylor since she was little, her mouth has always been large. It embarrasses her because of all the remarks. (thus, so many closed mouth smiles!). I am assuming all of you are perfect since you are ripping on this beautiful women!

First, NO ONE deserves to be beaten! Second, Bravo paid for the lavish parties shown on the show. The crazy birthday party was their idea & their money. Her
"spending" did not cause his death. He caused his death!

Third, doctor's do not know how you sustained injuries, they have to take you on your word! I have been there & you have to admit it & say you want to press charges. I am sure that she hoped for his children's sake, she could wit it it for it to stop.

SO, unless you can prove your perfection, Isuggest you show compassion to all those involved!

Nancy

If there are photos out there, they will eventually come to light. For everyone saying the doctor would've had to report it by law, she didn't have to tell the doctor that she was beaten.The most likely scenario is that she came up with some sort of lie - that's what abused women/men do. The man committed suicide because he was broke and his abusive nature was about to be spread in the press for the entire world to see. He wouldn't have allowed her to spend his money on anything he didn't approve. His children most likely already knew their father was abusive so I'm sure it comes as no shock to them. As for his parents, I feel sorry for them but the truth hurts.

Voice of reason

So instead of going to the police these stars only urged their beaten cast-mate to tell Bravo? Is this how domestic violence is handled in Hollywood and by Bravo cast members? You don't go to the police....so Ms. Richards and Ms. Grammar participated in a cover up of physical abuse....everyone happy with themselves and proud of the role model you set for your girls? And Cedar Sinai treated this woman without reporting abuse to the police? Nice town you have there in Beverly Hills....I think you are all guilty of covering up a crime...a woman was beaten severely.

Jodie Israel

Let's be fair here, we have a vain woman, who appears to have had way to many plastic surgeries. Could it be she used her husband for an excuse to not tape because she was healing up? I have my doubts about the story, simply because her looks have changed so much, and every "star" wants to act like they are "natural." PLEASE? Admit you were recovering from "plastic" surgery and stop using someone else, because we know the work you have had done!!!

Jodie Israel

Obviously this woman has had way to many plastic surgeries. I think she used her husband as an excuse so she wouldnt have to tell the public she had surgury (like we cant tell.) These vain women think no-one notices, HELLO! Addicted to "trying" to look better, wow, she went from good to bad, and it wasnt from being abused. Maybe treatment would be good for her. She is definately trying to make every penny she can off this, but I will never believe her husband was beating her. She cares way to much about herself, by all of her surgery's she would never let a man "beat" her. Come on stop feeding into the "drama" and giving these women a paycheck.

mspritzee

Wow there are really cruel people in the world! The comments are mean and really insensitive! However, I watch the show and I can honestly say Russell appeared abusive! I was sadden to hear of his passing. I don't feel that the producers should be held accountable for his actions. He had every option not to be filmed. For example, dina former housewife from the New Jersey show did not allow the show to film her husband or he did not allow them to film him. Russell had the same option. I love the shows and hope they do not cancell the housewives.

jim

If this is true then why would Taylor not do her duty as a mother and as a citizen and report her husband immediately to the police? Answer: because you can defame the dead to save yourself -- the dead cant suel. Camile Grammer is a bat s%$t Crazy gold digger. I pray this man will find peace on the other side; there is no peace on earth with women like this running around

Nova Dailey

I call bull**** on this story! She had plastic surgery and was banged up for a few weeks while it healed. Plastic surgery always makes a person look half beaten to death. And if there was a real threatning email it would have been given to law enforcement. I don't believe a word of this. The man is dead and you people still are'nt happy. Damn!

Nova Dailey

If I had to work eighty hours a week and still end up broke I'd probably want to hang myself too. She threw a 60.000.00 birthday party and upstaged the child with photos of herself,then got pissed because Russell gave the child a puppy and she loved it more than any of the hoopla and crap..A puppy..That's what five year olds really want. The simple loving from the heart gifts.MHO...

lumbergh

Nobody, no matter how ugly, deserves to get a beating thrown on them like that.

the Judge

this guy russel armstrong was a lucky guy, he hang up himself before someone put 39 caps on him. them abuser burn down in hell now Mofo.

ALABAMA MAMAJAMA

Anyone who thinks that a doctor, nurse or hospital administrator is stupid enough to not report domestic abuse is almost dumb enough to be on 'real housewifes'.

jewels

I dont believe it! If you search the internet you can find a picture of Tayler every week in June and she does not have any marks or bruises on her face!! I call BS on this one!

Barbara

Why isn't the media talking about this, instead they are
trying to blame the show for this wife beater killing
himself? Thank God he didn't kill Taylor and the women
she confided in. Taylor should have called the police and
thrown this SOB in jail. There were other women he also
beat up in his past. And why didn't the physician who treated
Taylor turn this creep in? Let's hope the whole story comes
out and the media stops blaming the show for this creep killing himself. BRAVO should run the entire season they
taped.

Crystal

As someone who has been in an abusive relationship, I can say with confidence that Russell did in fact abuse Taylor and was abusive throughout the relationship. I watched RHOBH and even commented to a friend at that time as we watched that this guy was abusing Taylor. I would tune in like millions of other viewers and had this observation. It was something that I could see because many things were similar from my own experience. There are signs, such as withholding affection from her, belittling her accomplishments, controlling her when she appeared to be having fun, trying to isolate her, exhibiting passive aggressive behavior throughout the show. There were so many indications that waved a red flag that it was an abusive relationship. I know because I also attended women’s support groups and got to know women such as Taylor. It may not have been obvious to most people watching, but it was to me because I’ve been through it and it's a horrible experience people won't understand it unless they have been through it. It is also very gradual abuse that is why many women stay or "put up" with it. Some may argue that she stayed for financial reasons. This could be true because many women fear not having the financial securirty, especially after their abusive husbands have made them feel worthless. You can tell Taylor was very insecure, this may have been brought on by the harmful marriage they had.