"Storage Wars"

Mystery Trunk Contained $24,000

In De-Faced Bills

8/20/2011 4:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0819-storage-wars-21-EX

It's the creepiest jackpot ever -- a recent bidder on "Storage Wars" paid $400 for a bunch of crap, including an old trunk ... which contained a shocking $24,000 in cash ... but for some reason, none of the bills had faces on them.

In case you're unfamiliar -- the A&E show features auctions in which people bid on the abandoned contents of large storage lockers ... but they only get a few seconds to see what's inside.

Laura Dotson -- who runs the auction company for the show with her husband Dan -- tells TMZ, the buyer paid the $400 for the locker ... and soon after, discovered the MOUNTAIN of cash inside the trunk.

The eerie part -- whoever owned the trunk beforehand drilled the faces out of every single bill. It's unclear why, but we're told the money was still considered legal tender ... despite losing face.

U.S. Treasury Fun Fact -- A bank will accept bills with the faces cut out ... if the both serial numbers are still in tact and the bills pass a series of tests.

Otis Murphy

I just want to say that I enjoy your show very much and I want to wish each and everyone on the show..Happy Holidays...

Gary

Somebody knew that Barry Weiss had his name written all over that locker and let him have it. After all, Barry has a reputation to uphold and it was right up his alley LOL.

Gary

Somebody cut them out so they could pay homage to Obama by pasting his picture on them. When the buyer discovered that Obama's picture would probably reduce the value of the currency by 90%, he decided to keep them blank and sell his quirky find to Barry Weiss.

Justme

I don't know who the idiot was that thought this nonsense up, but I have worked for a storage company or 7 years now and I can gaurantee that this is all BS! No one in thier right mind is going to store half the **** they show on here nad if they do, they can afford to pay the bill on it. No thanks to the morons behind this show either because of you our units are being broken into left and right. This entire show should be banned.

David Halstead

What happened to Mark? Loved what he brought to the show, Storage Wars. Thanks

Karen DeLessert

Let him walk. No big loss.

ray

Without Barry the show sucks!

OcPete

Do your comments really show up on this site?

OcPete

Face value is face value...even if it doesn't have a face! I guess!!!

OcPete

Face value is face value...even if it doesn't have a face! I guess!!!

sharonamacneil@hotmail.com

Hi Dave I found a painting on canvas my dad had,I know its old how can I find its value

deidre

I guess I'm missing something. The star of the show Dave Hestor is a physically unattractive nasty man. He turns my stomach.

charly

brandi passante dump jarred he is the dumbest turd ive seen

R Nelles

I can;t stand Dave Hestor, Wish Jarrod wasn;t so lazy.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3