Steve Jobs

Apple Shaken to Core

CEO Resigns

8/24/2011 3:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0824_steve_jobs_getty_bnHold on to your iPhones, iPads -- and most importantly, your Apple stock -- Steve Jobs is stepping down from his post as CEO.

Jobs handed in his letter of resignation today, but will stay on as the Chairman of Apple's Board of Directors. Tim Cook will be the new CEO.

Jobs has been on medical leave most of 2011-- and hinted at his continuing health issues in the letter ... saying, "I have always said if there ever came a day when I could no longer meet my duties and expectations as Apple's CEO, I would be the first to let you know. Unfortunately, that day has come."

Jobs co-founded Apple in 1976 -- and earlier this month it became the world's most valuable company.

Jack

God bless him, a great American who has made an enormous contribution to the world and brought joy to many.

Abe

Harvey, you better get Steve Jobs obituary written. You'll need it any day now.

x

patrick mahoney

Well, he is like the walking dead.... I'd feel sorry for him, if he hadn't sold out to China, INC....and for what? Ego. Now they can hijack any iPhone out there..... Thanks, Steve...a terrible way to end a glorious career.

Tammy

NNNNOOOOOOO!! This is not gonna help the wall street recovery. Best wishes for along life, Steve: you used the talent/vision God gave you and did your part for world.

writenow

Hmmm, and as his last official act, Jobs geared up to go after Google, with This.

patrick mahoney

Ace

55 is young.

chad

I wonder if he titled the letter "iResign".

Phreaky

He'll be dead in 6 months. Only way he would do this.

Jodi

Yea I figured it would be because of his health. I wish him well...I really do.

two cents

This doesn't bode well. My guess is the end is nearing. That truly s.cks.

the sea

So sad...because I think this means he is dying. He wouldn't quit otherwise.

LeeLoo

This saddens me but I know Mr. Jobs would not step down unless it was the appropriate thing to do. Best wishes, Mr. Jobs and God Bless.

PRO US

Apple computers, iPads, iPhones and iPhones are all made by 3rd party Chinese government controlled companies with slave labor in locked factory prisons in China and sold at tremendous markups to gullible tech-ignorant consumers, mostly in Western countries like America, who like stylish, overpriced, cool, underperforming products with few features eg. a tablet with no SD card port, no HDMI port, no user replaceable battery, no upgradeable hard disk, no upgradeable RAM memory, no built-in Flash video capability and no USB port.

Jobs has been the best marketer in the world selling overpriced junk products to millions and building the world's highest value company by creating the illusion that Apple products are the "in thing".

Will the suckers who bought Jobs' products keep buying Apple's computers, iPads, iPhones and iPods once he's gone?

If not, the Chinese will have to start building other products. Lord knows, none of the smart phones', tablets' or computers' components are made in the USA, Canada or Europe.

Heck, even the new memorial statue of Martin Luther King to be unveiled Sunday in Washington DC was made by a Chinese sculptor in China of Chinese granite and assembled by Chinese stonemasons.

What has happened to America? It's not a pretty picture.

Time to restore manufacturing to the USA and the West. Enough with the cheap, crappy Communist China made products. Enough with sending hundreds of billions of American dollars every year to China for their Chinese made crap.

PRO US