Pitbull Shocked By LiLo Lawsuit

I Was Trying to Keep Her Relevant

8/25/2011 10:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Rapper Pitbull thinks Lindsay Lohan should be thanking him -- not suing him -- for including her name in his hit song, "Give Me Everything" ... claiming he thought the shout-out would HELP her career.

Pitbull went into serious mode during an interview for his official fansite -- wearing a suit and tie -- and said, "I was very surprised when I found out about the lawsuit ... at first I read it and I thought, 'This has got to be a joke.'"

As TMZ first reported, Lohan filed the suit last week -- claiming the rapper wrongfully used her name for commercial gain by using the lyric, "I got it locked up like Lindsay Lohan" in the song.

The rapper says he supports Lindsay's career -- adding, "In no way shape or form would I wanna bring that on anyone ... I didn't look to defamate [sic], degrade or hurt someone's career."

"For me mentioning it ... on the number one record in the world ... I thought it would be helping someone's career and keeping them relevant."

He concluded by inviting Lindsay to be his guest at the upcoming MTV VMAs. So far, no word if he's received a response.

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

amber

seems a little desperate to me. Dont hate apprecitate :)

Hmmm

Had he done that to any star with star power he would become irrelevant real fast.

Hmmm

Let's see how many real music stars clammer to have Pitbull collaberate on songs with them after he showed just what a coward and bully he is to pick on a down and out young former child star who is obviously suffering from what many young stars suffer from. No adult success. And when Pitbull's success is over I hope someone starts smacking him in their songs and see how he likes it.

Jessica

You should not be allowed to sue someone over something that HAS BEEN AIRED TIME AND TIME AGAIN.....He was not lying or defaming her ???? CHARACTER????? JUST STATING THE OBVIOUS.....I think if she does not want to be a legend in song than maybe she comport herself in public and elsewhere!!!

Jennifer

C'mon...I mean the lyrics are absolutely right. And Pit, i want to say don't worry about what she says. U are the best rapper but she's just alcoholic.

erin

Lindsay Lohan is a stupid has-been bitch who will sue over anything because she's desperate for money. I wish people would stop giving her attention so she can just disappear off the face of the earth already. She hasn't made a movie or done anything worth noting (in a positive light) in ages.

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8