Russell Armstrong

Chilling 911 Call:

'My Friend Just Hanged Himself'

8/30/2011 9:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0829_russell_armstrong_ex_911

TMZ has obtained the 911 call made moments after the body of "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" star Russell Armstrong was found on August 15 at a friend's home where Russell was staying.

You can hear the caller say, "My friend just hanged himself, do you understand? Come over here and stop asking questions."

As TMZ first reported, Russell's estranged wife Taylor Armstrong was also there when the body was found -- and you can hear the caller console her ... saying, "Come here Taylor, it's alright. It's alright, it's alright." The first words you hear a sobbing Taylor say are, "I need my psychiatrist."

Perhaps the most heartbreaking part is when the caller reveals Russell's 5-year old daughter is also at the house. At one point he says, "Taylor, have your daughter go away please."

The 911 operator asks if Russell is beyond help -- and the caller responds, "No, there's nothing you can do, it's nothing we can do. Just please come as soon as possible."

0816_russell_armstrong_footer

LiveOutLoud

This is so sad. The friend on the phone did a wonderful job staying cool and trying to keep everyone calm. Gosh, this is horribly sad.

Amazed

Why would you bring your little 5 year old daughter with you, when you suspect something is wrong, because your estranged husband hasn't been responding to attempts to reach him? That's a really dumb move. Why, when you find out why he didn't respond to your calls, would it take so many attempts to get you to remove your daughter from the scene and protect her from what's going on? Why would you not consider your daughter, and only think about what YOU need (your psychiatrist)? Nothing makes much sense here.

jpm4444

beyond sad. also, i'm sick of 911 operators sounding so cold. Read the room. When something like this happens be comforting. Don't ask questions so you can fill out your paper work.

kitty

this should never have been played on a gossip website. Yes it was interesting but it seems tmz will do anything no matter who it hurts. remember there is a lil girl involved in this

Mrs Butters

creepy 911 guy

Reba

I understand from RealityTV that Bravo (slimy Andy) will have a "special episode" addressing Russell's suicide with the other BH wives (of course without Taylor). How nice of Bravo to be so considerate! (EYES ROLLING!)
Bravo - FYI - you & Andy Boy have reached s*** bottom!! I ain'*****ching your hell h@le circus anymore!

kitty

Taylor disgusts me first words out of her mouth are i need my shrink. thats a beverly hills selfabsorbed rich bitch. Her daughter shouldve been her first thought

MariJoy

The Armstrongs = two foolish, self-involved a-holes who didn't deserve to be parents.
Him for doing himself in AT A FRIENDS HOUSE - and her for thinking only of herself and not her daughter when she heard about his death ("WAH, I need my psych")
Blech, glad I'm a "nobody" with a good conscience, and a secure body image!

RealityCheck

This kind of curiosity, although creepy, is human nature. Anyone can choose not to listen. If TMZ is legally able to publi*****, it is the viewer's right to choose not to listen.

That being said, I was very impressed with the 911 operator. He was trying to keep the caller engaged and on the line and assuring him the LAPD were on their way. He was very calm and professional. Yes the caller was impatient and a bit rude, but my goodness, I would never want to be in such a horrible situation, so he shouldn't be criticized as such.

I don't know these people but wish them a better path in the future, whatever led to this tragedy - especially the poor kids.

If sense were common everyone would have it.

"I need my psychiatrist"? That's one of her first thoughts after finding the man she loved, the father of her daughter who is IN THE HOUSE, hanging from the ceiling? WHAT'S WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE?!?

kim

that poor little girl, she should've got her daughter out of there even for a short walk. or asked the other friend to take her for a walk at least.

annie2

Amen, Cujeaux! I thought the crying sounded forced. She would wail then walk away and silence, then she'd walk back and wail right by the phone. Pathetic. And the friend actually has to say, "Get Kennedy out of here"?! Now, from what I heard from other stories is that the daughter truly did NOT see her father hanging, but she was probably trying to get in the room and find out why her mom was "crying". The fact the man has to say, get her out of here is unbelievable. It reminds me of Conrad Murray having MJ's kids go upstairs to the BR just to put on a show of witnessing Murray performing CPR on him. Sick ph*cks, all of them!

Amazed

I was amazed how many times the caller had to ask Taylor to get her daughter out of there! She was too busy thinking about how she needed her shrink!

Diamond

Taylor's response in that call was creepy. All she cared about was 'I need my psychiatrist'? Tantamount to saying 'I need my drug dealer'.

dane

How many times does the guy ask if "he's beyond any help?" like 10 times? The guy was straight up repetitive and asking bizarre questions. Sounds kinda fake or something

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments