Gene Simmons

The Smart Ass

Wedding Announcement

9/1/2011 5:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0901-gene-shannon-simmons-tweed-exd
Gene Simmons is finally revealing what Shannon Tweed told him when he asked for her hand in marriage ... and SHOCKER ... she didn't say no.

Now, the couple is planning the wedding -- and they've already sent out invitations -- complete with a sarcastic wedding announcement from their kids.

The announcement says, "After 28 years of loose strings, our parents have finally decided to tie the knot."

"Our mother will share our horrendous hyphenate of a last name and our father's life ... well, it doesn't change that much."

It continues on a heartfelt note -- saying, "But we will be united as a family in spirit and in title forever."

The wedding is set for October 1 at the super-fancy Beverly Hills Hotel. Check out the invitation for the dress code ... funny stuff.

0901_gene_shannon_simmons_tweed_sub

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

jj

what's the point in getting married NOW? they've already "lived in sin" for so many years.

Black Becky

his son is so hot.

ken

cool....never knew they were connected at all....lol

Sonya in Tx

He wants to get married because he probably just tested positive.....

ginny

so old, both of them, why now...

won't get higher ratings if you ever had any!!

Esther

I really, really cannot stand that family. Arrogance in it's truest form.

KATHY

I THINK THAT IT'S FANTASTIC!!!!! WISHING YOU ALL THE BEST!!! :)

Ruby

I'm happy for them! Humor is never a bad thing!

ken

huh?

jay

Funny how they are getting married when the cameras are rolling again. Could have done the legal during summer with a private afair. I guess all financed by sponsors! PATHETIC....TRULY

mousetrap

Gene would look a thousand percent better if he got rid of that brillo helmet on his head and got a normal haircut and let his grey show. Please tell me they didn't use the word "classy" in their invitations. Classy is the most obnoxious, white trash word ever. As soon as I hear the word classy come out of someones mouth, I know they are clueless. With that said, they are still super great and super nice people. Best of luck to the happy couple.

moe

After all of this time never being married?? why now?? what will change??
Who Cares!

FlamingoNut

That has got to be one of the best wedding invitations I have ever seen.

Saul Richman

Will this be a traditional jewish ceremony? Will they ask for money or will they donate it to charity, I will go with my first guess........$$$$$$$$

thestupid

The guy REALLLLLY seems like sick bastard.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments