T.I.

Back in Federal Custody

9/2/2011 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0901_ti_BN_01
After only a day in the semi-real world following months in prison, T.I. is already back in federal custody.

The Federal Bureau of Prisons confirms to TMZ that the rapper checked into a federal penitentiary in Atlanta last night, but would not elaborate further.

According to T.I.'s lawyer, Steve Sadow, he's back in federal custody because of an issue involving his trip from the Arkansas prison to his Atlanta halfway house on a luxury bus on Wednesday.

Sadow tells TMZ, "We are awaiting the opportunity to quickly resolve whatever the issue may be that the Federal Bureau of Prisons has with T.I.'s method of transportation, bus, from Arkansas to Atlanta, so that T.I. can return to the halfway house to complete the remaining days of his sentence."

Sadow adds the issue was not drug-related.

T.I. was sentenced in October to 11 months in prison for violating his probation, but was let out early. He was to complete the rest of his sentence in the halfway house.

Story developing ...

update_bar
5:55 AM: TMZ spoke with T.I.'s uncle, who reiterated to us ... T.I. was not drinking on the bus to Atlanta and showed up to the halfway house sober and on time. The uncle says T.I. "stopped drinking a long time ago."

6:27 AM: Sources connected to T.I. tell us there was no alcohol or drugs on the bus.

Rabbitt

Who the hell is T.I. and why is TMZ obsessed with him?

Charles

Love him or hate him. Who gives a rat how you get from one place to another. Looks like someone said some thing about the bus and the feds didn't want to look stupid. But then again they are, that's why we is broke!

brenda

who cares! he got there and on time. The prison officials didn't confirm what he would be traveling in when he was released so why is it a big deal now. He was just trying to get some *ss from his wife on the way.

richard

T.I. aint nothing but a big azz funny JOKE!!

Mazor

Good for him.

charita

People say some stupid **** on here about people. If he was going to a party that was on him he did not break any damn rules when he left that place. They should have said something in the first place if they had something to say to the man. Leave T.I. alone and let him live with his family in peace. I want to here some good music so leave the best alone.

Jewel

Georgia is a state that needs to be under FBI scrutiny. They do what they damn well please. Major abuse of power goes on all the time. President Johnson had to go in during the sixties. President Obama needs to revisit.

Truth Hurts

Last time I checked.
T.I. is set to be released on Sept. 29th 2011.
T.I. original release date was Sept. 29th 2011.
They just moved him closer to home.
Nothing was done wrong here folks -get a life-

Judi Lumpkin

I can't believe this!!!! This is an outrage. Charlie Sheen was seen with a boat load of cocaine. Morton Downey Jr. was allowed to film at movie while in prison. Lindsey Lohan has had numerous violations of her parol. Why is T.I. being singled out and made an example of???? I will tell you why. He is a black male and our people are still hated and looked down upon.

mzoctober

No my baby ti bak in the joint oh no but hell b out soon n 2 all the haters he will do just fine! FREE TI n RENE

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3