Bethenny Frankel

'Skinnygirl' YANKED

from Whole Foods

9/1/2011 10:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0901_bethenny_BN_02

Bethenny Frankel's Skinnygirl cocktail line is under fire -- after the Whole Foods supermarket chain ripped the products from the shelves over a dispute about the ingredients.

According to the Huffington Post, the honchos at Whole Foods claimed they discovered the "natural" ingredients used in the cocktail line aren't natural at all -- and decided to stop selling any more Skinnygirl products.

0901_skinny_girl_subasset

We spoke to a Whole Foods employee in Michigan who told us products were briefly sold at his store -- but confirmed the line was pulled because "it was learned the ingredients are not natural."

TMZ has placed calls to the people behind Skinnygirl and the honchos at Whole Foods -- so far, no comment from either side.

update_bar

10:47 AM: A spokesperson for Beam -- the company that owns the Skinnygirl line -- tells us Whole Foods never "pulled" the product, but simply decided not to reorder.

As for the ingredients, the rep tells us, "Skinnygirl Margarita contains very low levels of sodium benzoate (a preservative) so it can stay on the shelves."

The rep tells us, "We understand their [Whole Foods] position and we respect that."

Sto

And Jill Zarin strikes again!

Kelley

Have you ever tryed the product? It's callled skinny girl cuz ya barf from the awful taste!

Mike

Did I see a quote by her that said "fake it to make it?"
So the surprise here is???

ginny

and other ****, make it while you can and then dump it at Pier One!!

pawprints333

I have to say reading stuff like this is why I shop at Whole Foods. I am highly allergic to sodium benzoate and knowing that I am safe while shopping there makes me very thankful.

notalawyer

she looks like an alien from outer space (and not in a good way)

PRO US

They should have just updated the labels to reflect the fact the products contain: "Naturally synthetic and artificial chemicals, biochemicals, additives, preservatives, emulsifiers, extenders, colors, flavors, smells and other man-made or machine-made products." Surely, that treatment is worth hundreds of dollars per bottle to some loony tune customers.

April

Bethany got her millions & I am so very happy for her. Whole Foods should rerhink this move cuz the product is much healthier than most Margarita Mixes out there for sure.

Kelly Bolyard

Well, I won't be buying it from Whole Foods, which I would have, but I will surely buy it somewhere!! The margarita and the Sangria are amazing, but the Sangria is out of this world!!!!!!

mjc

I always thought she looked like the creatures from the movie "Planet 51." Google it if you will ;o)

coco

Really Wholefoods??? Like the overpriced crap you sell is any different. According to some of your employees your so called organic products are about as organic as roast pork.

coddayo

I wouldn't trust that skank as far as I could throw her, let alone imbibe in any of her products.....she just looks shifty.

Laurene

Skinny Girl is the worst tasting gunk I have ever tasted and at $11.00 a bottle it's a good thing she sold the product rights when she did is all I can say. She made reportedly 20 mil on that crap. She's laughing all the way to the bank.

coffee girl

Whole Foods stand is amusing They claim to be organic but fail to recognize the Vast difference between natural and organic..check labels in their store...where can I find "skinnygirl"/

Sandra

I think she's a very good person, she tell's things like they are, I say horay for her, look at where she came from and where she is now, would people be talking about her if she was poor and on welfare?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments