'Hold It Against Me' Lawsuit

Case Dismissed After

Country Duo Apologizes

9/4/2011 6:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0904_britney_spears_bellamy_brothers_getty
Sometimes saying you're sorry and admitting you were wrong really does fix everything -- because a lawsuit over the Britney Spears hit song "Hold It Against Me" was dismissed for just that very reason.

As TMZ first reported, Dr. Luke (along with fellow co-writer Max Martin) sued the Bellamy Brothers for defamation after they went around bad-mouthing the song and saying it was just a rip-off of their 1979 song, "If I Said You Had a Beautiful Body Would You Hold It Against Me?"

But according to court documents filed last week, Dr. Luke dropped his lawsuit after the Bellamy Brothers admitted the Britney song was not a copy of theirs.

Both sides agreed upon an apology, which reads in part: "The Bellamy Brothers apologize to Dr. Luke and Max Martin for the Bellamys' public statements and any false impressions suggested by the statements on their website that Dr. Luke and Max Martin copy the works of others."

No damages were awarded.

Carl

I'm very familiar with that country song and while I immediately recognized the line in Britney's song as the same in theirs, it was obvious there was nothing else the two had in common. I thought the lawsuit was stupid to begin with, even if the Bellamy Brothers song is better.

Jim in Cali

bunch of idiots. The songs weren't close to being the same.

lulz

lol

Ace

No damages? I was damaged....I had to read the story!

Liam

LMAO!

ralphie the one-eyed

Brittney’s team should pay for an obvious sample of their song.

Muppet

Wonder how much they had to pay their lawyers for their error. Lawyer win.

shawnnydlgs

these poeple are nothing but a bunch of crackrer box hitler wannabes the judges are drunk

shawnnydlgs

maybe greenstamps will arrest the people who dunnit bunch of cracker box hitler wannabes

shawnnydlgs

maybe clintons can do brittanys green stamp account and then mileys little black book and mileys little black dress and the amishes tooty fruity bubble gum account

shawnnydlgs

miley cyrus can kiss my gary us bonds ass the dope smoking biacth

shawnnydlgs

well lets see here the sugar hill gang aint exactly my boss now are they miley niether is jay -z for that matter and ozzy aint exactly the devil they have tb

shawnnydlgs

let me tell ya a little secretei won my lawsuit and you didnt

shawnnydlgs

ya want me to comment steroid nation bunch of **** fighting
drunk biatch judge wannabes