Bethenny Frankel

I NEVER Lied About 'Skinnygirl'

9/6/2011 7:22 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0905_bethenny_frankel_skinny_margarita_bn_tmz
Bethenny Frankel insists she NEVER misled the public about the ingredients in her Skinnygirl Margarita cocktail ... despite the fact it was recently pulled from Whole Foods.

Frankel just posted a statement on her website saying, "We would not sell anything that I don’t personally drink. I’m a natural foods chef and health is a top priority for me and my family."

She adds, "The Skinnygirl Margarita is made with natural ingredients and its label is consistent with U.S. federal regulations, which is why it is carried in stores nationwide and continues to fly off the shelves."

Bethenny concludes, "I built my brand on trust and honesty. I don’t take lightly obvious attempts to put my integrity in question. I will always answer your questions and concerns directly and truthfully."

As TMZ previously reported, Whole Foods yanked the product from its shelves recently ... claiming the drink contains a preservative that is NOT a natural ingredient.

Frankel told The Post, "I'm not making wheatgrass here. If I could put an agave plant and some limes on a shelf I would. [The Skinnygirl Margarita] is as close to nature as possible, while still being a shelf-stable product."

0906_celeb_bartenders_footer

Christy

Well Bethenny...I bought a bottle of yours over the holiday and it tastes like ****! Awful stuff!

roll3567

now that skinny girl is owned by a major corporation, it will be interesting to see what happens. if they feel this bad press will damage their other (much larger) brands, then its by bye bethenny.

CountryGal

Leave Betheny alone. Bunch of tree hugging idiots! "boohoo it's not all natural". Like alcohol is good for you in any form. Morons!

nipples mugee

I would like to drink a bottle with her so she would show me her nipples. Pink eraser hard nipples , what more could you ask for ? Maybe nipple shows between NFL Sunday .

ciimonstr

tweeker!

CutTheCrap

Now she is a chef? I don't believe it chef love food and this woman looks like she eats crackers and lettuce for breakfast, lunch and dinner!

lanie

This stuff is NASTY. If it was healthy and I wanted to get plowed on anything available - I still would NOT drink it. I am perplexed at how popular it became.

And Bethenny is super annoying, as well as her fugly husband.. I wish she'd go away.

Rachelle

This **** is GROSS!

soulofanangel

FRANKEL SCOOPED THE CASH
------------------------
Bethenny Frankel scooped up the cash
Made for the door-split in a dash,
Laughing like crazy at business jerks
Frankel's twisted brain just full of perks.
--------------------------------------
Copyright 2011 soulofanangel

sniffle24

Fine there's a minute amount of preservative and they need that to preserve the drink's shelf life but don't label it ALL NATURAL. That is an outright lie and the intention is to deceive.

Allie

I agree, I tasted it and I had one glass and poured the rest down the toilet. Gave me a headache, on top of the rotten taste. EEECH!

A Real Lawyer

She should forget about this dilemma. She has bigger fish to fry - like finding her neck. It's non existant. No neck is unattractive.

RealityBites

Anyone who thinks an alcoholic beverage is "healthy" in any form then you are deranged. Natural or not keep it in a liquor store.

DirtySouth

With the money she has, unless I hear her say, "I'm suing for slander and libel," I can't taker her seriously.

Linda

that stuff is nasty.. apparently a lot of people care about low-cal over it actually tasting good. Yuck!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments