Soulja Boy

Apologizes to U.S. Military

'I Am Deeply Sorry'

9/6/2011 7:03 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0905_soulja_boy_bn
Soulja Boy
says he "let my words get the best of me" when he released a new rap video saying, "F**k the troops" ... and now he's issued a full apology to the entire U.S. military.

Soulja Boy just posted a new blog on GlobalGrind.com ... titled, "I Am Deeply Sorry To All Members Of The United States Military Services And Their Families."

In the post, Soulja writes, "As an artist, I let my words get the best of me. Sometimes there are things that we feel, things that we want to express, and when we put them on paper and speak them out loud, they can come out wrong."

"When I expressed my frustration with the US Army, not only did my words come out wrong, I was wrong to even speak them."

He adds, "So, I write this to give my sincerest apology to all members of the United States military services, as well as their families that were offended by my most recent lyrics."

As TMZ first reported, several military vets lashed out against Soulja Boy after he released the rap ... with the lyrics, "F**k the FBI and the army troops ... fighting for what? Be your own man ..."

Check out Soulja's entire apology letter after the jump ....

When I expressed my frustration with the US Army, not only did my words come out wrong, I was wrong to even speak them. So, I write this to give my sincerest apology to all members of the United States military services, as well as their families that were offended by my most recent lyrics.

As a young man who grew up in the post-9/11 era, I have watched our country fight two wars that seem like they are never going to end.

I have seen thousands and thousands of our brave men and women get killed in battle and often times, I think for what? A lot of people in this country are struggling to make ends meet and I think a lot about what if we had never gone to war.

Where would our economy be? Our schools, our after-school and work programs, our streets? I mean, damn, 48 people got shot in New York City just this past weekend ... in 3 days ... I'm not saying that it is just because of a bad economy, but at a certain point we have to take care of our own people.

In no way would I ever want to offend those who are protecting our freedoms ... a lot of homeboys who I grew up with, a lot of people who come from the neighborhoods we live in ... In no way do I want to hurt any of our honorable soldiers who put their lives at risk, regardless of how they feel about the two wars we fight in.

I am just frustrated that we haven't been able to bring you all home quick enough and my frustration got the best of me. I am deeply sorry.

~Soulja Boy

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Joao

That boy has never constructed a sentence with subject verb agreement in his life.

Chris

Not accepted.

notalawyer

Hey you sure do got a purdy mouth. Ever SANDOS?

Eileen Gatti

Rap is crap. These "artists" are pandered to and their lack of talent is obvious. This punk is an embarassment to himself. He knew what he was saying in his "lyrics".

Stiletto

Go flock yourself Soulja-wimp! You said what you meant and now you are just backpeddling to cover yourself. I actually hope your fake apology backfires on you...ya know your bro's are going to call you out for being a wimp for backing down...and they're the ones that buy your junk.

WHOYACRAPPIN

This apology was obviously written by a PR guy trying to cover up this "artist's" stupidity, in hopes of keeping the money flowing. There is no sincerity to this at all.

FlamingoNut

How about an overall "f**k you" in return to his apology.

Sena

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he didn't write 99% of this, but whatevs. Maybe you shouldn't have wrote AND published it in the first place. You said "be your own man..." now how does that translate into "I am just frustrated that we haven't been able to bring you all home quick enough"??? Sorry, but not buying it. I suppose at least you issued an apology, but I'm fairly certain had he not received threats and such bad press, he wouldn't have apologized at all.

anony

Why do we follow these morons?

Ivan

Well, first off...this message was obviously written by someone with a sober functioning brain, not by him. You boy, should have said something yourself from the heart if you are actually sorry. This bull**** - nobody is buying

Criminy

People like that always say what they mean. This time, he pretty much ended his career. There are a lot of others who don't disrespect our fighting soldiers who will fill the empty space left behind by this jerk.

Adam

Soulja "Boy." Appropriate name. Go back to playing in your hood and let the grown ups talk. You obviously don't know how the world works, little man.

C0ma

So first he singles out our entire military... then he bitches out after he realizes he's a ******* idiot. So now he's a ******* idiot and a publically acknowledged ***** who makes **** music and stands by and for nothing. Get ****** you scrawny ****bag

Kaya

God I hate these people

MszMax

Your apology is not accepted, you sure as hell should know better!!! You should be ashame!!!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments