Soulja Boy

Apologizes to U.S. Military

'I Am Deeply Sorry'

9/6/2011 7:03 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0905_soulja_boy_bn
Soulja Boy
says he "let my words get the best of me" when he released a new rap video saying, "F**k the troops" ... and now he's issued a full apology to the entire U.S. military.

Soulja Boy just posted a new blog on GlobalGrind.com ... titled, "I Am Deeply Sorry To All Members Of The United States Military Services And Their Families."

In the post, Soulja writes, "As an artist, I let my words get the best of me. Sometimes there are things that we feel, things that we want to express, and when we put them on paper and speak them out loud, they can come out wrong."

"When I expressed my frustration with the US Army, not only did my words come out wrong, I was wrong to even speak them."

He adds, "So, I write this to give my sincerest apology to all members of the United States military services, as well as their families that were offended by my most recent lyrics."

As TMZ first reported, several military vets lashed out against Soulja Boy after he released the rap ... with the lyrics, "F**k the FBI and the army troops ... fighting for what? Be your own man ..."

Check out Soulja's entire apology letter after the jump ....

When I expressed my frustration with the US Army, not only did my words come out wrong, I was wrong to even speak them. So, I write this to give my sincerest apology to all members of the United States military services, as well as their families that were offended by my most recent lyrics.

As a young man who grew up in the post-9/11 era, I have watched our country fight two wars that seem like they are never going to end.

I have seen thousands and thousands of our brave men and women get killed in battle and often times, I think for what? A lot of people in this country are struggling to make ends meet and I think a lot about what if we had never gone to war.

Where would our economy be? Our schools, our after-school and work programs, our streets? I mean, damn, 48 people got shot in New York City just this past weekend ... in 3 days ... I'm not saying that it is just because of a bad economy, but at a certain point we have to take care of our own people.

In no way would I ever want to offend those who are protecting our freedoms ... a lot of homeboys who I grew up with, a lot of people who come from the neighborhoods we live in ... In no way do I want to hurt any of our honorable soldiers who put their lives at risk, regardless of how they feel about the two wars we fight in.

I am just frustrated that we haven't been able to bring you all home quick enough and my frustration got the best of me. I am deeply sorry.

~Soulja Boy

Amy

No way was this written by that fool. Sorry, as one of the family members of someone in the military I choose not to accept your "apology" You make no sense at all, the government sent our troops to war NOT the other way around. This jerk never once thought about a service man or woman being killed in Iraq or Afghanistan. If he did, he would know it is nothing to make light of. And how about spending some of your millions you supposedly have to give back to charities instead of blowing them on oh a freaking plane you won't need seeing as how you will be forgotten and a no body in another year or two. Oh and good looking out with trying to seem knowledgeable about the 48 people..your pr people know how to google...good for you.

ThinkingWoman

So, after being called out for his inappropriate comments Soulja Boy apologizes. Not only is his apology NOT ACCEPTED, if at all sincere, let's see him spend some time visiting our wounded warriors. After all, these are the guys fighting to protect the rights and liberties of the likes of this "artist".

Moxie Crimefighter

I feel sorry for every single person that fought in our military for us to have the freedom to express ourselves, and got this thrown in their face by people that think they should control what others say. This isn't what these people put their life on the line for. But yet, the simple-minded sheep are passing around their stupid petition. How about getting into a more worthy cause? Get up off your collective asses and do something other than spazzing out over a song lyric. And quit calling him immature names like "punk" - it just makes you look...oh wait. All of you look stupid. Nevermind.

Moxie Crimefighter

It's funny - you redneck ******** are ready to lynch some poor guy over stating his opinion, but what are you all doing? Stating yours. And...this is much better than all of the country artists writing their stupid 9/11 or military sympathy songs and preying on the weak, simple-minded, vulnerable and patriotic for their own monetary gain. He said what he felt. This isn't communist China. He has every right to say what he wants to say, and I think it's ridiculous he even posted a apology. You shouldn't have to apologize for speaking your mind on a subject that isn't going to hurt anyone.

Bad Motherhugger

"I have seen thousands and thousands of our brave men and women get killed in battle..."

No you haven't, "Soulja". You've seen or heard reports on the TV, radio and internet. That's all.

Your "rap" meant NOTHING to me and neither does this piece of hokey PR garbage your record company forced you to "write". Keep enjoying your freedom, son.

double8grocery

forgive him for what? this is the first statement he's made that actually makes sense.

Beverly

Seriously, if it weren't for those troops, my son being one of them, he wouldn't even be able to express himself!!! Grow up and show some respect!!! These people are laying their lives on the lines to protect him and everyone else!!! If he is really sorry, he will retract and destroy the video!!!

Marlon

You go Soulja Boy. A deep thinker and I commend you!!!!!!!!!

Wife of Soldier

Dear SB: screw your apology. If you want to lecture people about being their own man, I suggest you start by taking your own advice. Stand behind what you say. The fact that you cowered to public pressure and apologized is a bigger slap in the face to our soldiers than what you first said. Part of protecting freedom is protecting an individual's right to express his or her opinion regardless if we agree with your opinion or not. You're a joke.

kimm

what an ignorant a**hole. these men and women put their lives on the line every single day without question for our freedom. they have more integrity in their pinky finger than this ignoramus could ever hope for. his apology is a load of crap. instead of f**k the troops it should be f**k him.

Dan

loserboy....Please jump in front of a bus...

myra

he is able to have freedom of speech because of the military...he is lacking brain cells forgive him...pffft.....nah i signed the petition to remove him

Kitten

IMO F HIM, and his fake ass apology...

myra

terrorist words he used? yes!

red

My only question is why is this clown frustrated with the US Army?