Soulja Boy

Apologizes to U.S. Military

'I Am Deeply Sorry'

9/6/2011 7:03 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0905_soulja_boy_bn
Soulja Boy
says he "let my words get the best of me" when he released a new rap video saying, "F**k the troops" ... and now he's issued a full apology to the entire U.S. military.

Soulja Boy just posted a new blog on GlobalGrind.com ... titled, "I Am Deeply Sorry To All Members Of The United States Military Services And Their Families."

In the post, Soulja writes, "As an artist, I let my words get the best of me. Sometimes there are things that we feel, things that we want to express, and when we put them on paper and speak them out loud, they can come out wrong."

"When I expressed my frustration with the US Army, not only did my words come out wrong, I was wrong to even speak them."

He adds, "So, I write this to give my sincerest apology to all members of the United States military services, as well as their families that were offended by my most recent lyrics."

As TMZ first reported, several military vets lashed out against Soulja Boy after he released the rap ... with the lyrics, "F**k the FBI and the army troops ... fighting for what? Be your own man ..."

Check out Soulja's entire apology letter after the jump ....

When I expressed my frustration with the US Army, not only did my words come out wrong, I was wrong to even speak them. So, I write this to give my sincerest apology to all members of the United States military services, as well as their families that were offended by my most recent lyrics.

As a young man who grew up in the post-9/11 era, I have watched our country fight two wars that seem like they are never going to end.

I have seen thousands and thousands of our brave men and women get killed in battle and often times, I think for what? A lot of people in this country are struggling to make ends meet and I think a lot about what if we had never gone to war.

Where would our economy be? Our schools, our after-school and work programs, our streets? I mean, damn, 48 people got shot in New York City just this past weekend ... in 3 days ... I'm not saying that it is just because of a bad economy, but at a certain point we have to take care of our own people.

In no way would I ever want to offend those who are protecting our freedoms ... a lot of homeboys who I grew up with, a lot of people who come from the neighborhoods we live in ... In no way do I want to hurt any of our honorable soldiers who put their lives at risk, regardless of how they feel about the two wars we fight in.

I am just frustrated that we haven't been able to bring you all home quick enough and my frustration got the best of me. I am deeply sorry.

~Soulja Boy

thomas

Typical hating rapper who makes money off of spreading hatred, just like the far far right wing "Christians", who applaud at military funerals.

We should send the rapper to a place he's more welcome, like Iran.

Sharonda

Thats the lowest, cheapest shot, I've ever seen a rapper take to get publicity! This dude done put his foot in his mouth so deep this time, it's coming out his ass! For his punishment I want him to live in Iraq for 3 months!

DiamondLil

Hey, I was just wondering is this azzhole related to Chris Brown? They are both such azzholes and when they speak they r-e-a-l-l-y prove how incredible stupid and ignorant they are,.....AGAIN proving you can take the boy outta the ghetto,but you can't take the ghetto outta the boy.

Emerald

What do you mean you have seen 'thousands and thousands killed'? YOU have SEEN NOTHING. You live in this country of the free that these people defend and stand up for and YOU along with the other profane 'rappers' slam them and this country? HOW DARE YOU! Go walk a mile or two in their boots and see if you can become a MAN then. Matter of fact why don't YOU and those like you take ya happy hating rear ends and drop down in the middle of a war zone and see how you would be beggin those you dis in such a way to help you and to save your sorry azz. If ignorance were bliss, you would have to be in 'hog heaven' along with the rest of the ones spewing this filth and hate. I hope you pay for your mouth dearly. Stand up for this country of find somewhere else to be but in it.

Muppet

Read his twitter rant then tell me his apology is sincere. This meek attempt at an apology isn't going to fly! Suck it up buttercup! Either back up what you said or pull that crap off the market! You can't have it both ways little boy!

chzbrgrmachne

Bull****. This was written by a publicist.

JBeezee73

Everything he said was exactly right. I won't forgive his backtracking. Soldiers have a responsibility to NOT carry out illegal orders. Their complicity has resulted in thousands of American dead. These men and women died in vain, and their deaths have achieved nothing but profits by the warmongering corporations and the Republican party. Both of these wars had no legal justification. The soldiers should have mutinied against the corrupt and illegitimate Bush administration.
That being said, his music sucks.

Mark Neville

NOT ACCEPTED! I am an American Citizen and NOT in ANY Branch of service and I was offended personally. People have died for us man and you knew it was wrong from the getgo but yet you and your producers put it out there! "Down With Soulja Boy" is my motto! Lose it all and come back some other day after you serve at least ONE active tour and truely work hard for what u got!!!

janet

So full of crap. Just another no talent rapper making quick money. Only true part of Soulja Boy is the 'boy'.

Best rapper Eminem.

Kari

So he says he "let his words get the best of me"--like it's his words fault? When in doubt, blame the words? How about he's narrow minded and hate filled? I don't accept his apology.

DirtySouth

Still a punk beyotch.

Ann

He is too much of a coward to even be in the military. Those who can, join, those who can't, sing about it. My husband was in the army to protect this idiot's freedom. He is a real man, while SB is a pansie little princess with his stpid little dance. SB talks about being a man, he is not a man, he is a coward and a punk. I can bet that SB wouldn't be able to even complete the boot camp our military endures, his prancing pansie butt would be a joke.

Amanda

For all the people who don't accept his apology....don't throw stones in glass houses. As if none of you never let something get the best of you, and you didn't speak out of frustration. The only difference is you're hidden from the spotlight, therefore easily forgiven because you don't have to hide from so many unforgiving idiots. I forgive this guy 100% and if the military doesn't, then I hate the military just as much as they hate Soulja.

amh

Hey, SB....Ask Natalie Manes how much an apology helped the Dixie Chicks....

Nikkcolle

Interesting his name has "Soulja" in it then makes a remark like that about the military. Hey Soulja boy F' you!