Soulja Boy

Army-Bashing Song

WON'T Be On My New Album

9/7/2011 1:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0906_soulja_boy_military_getty_ex_2
Soulja Boy and his management team are SCRAMBLING to remove all traces of the rapper's army-bashing song from the Internet -- and they swear ... it won't come anywhere near Soulja's new album.

A rep for Soulja's management team, Debby Coda, tells TMZ, both the rapper's management and his record label have been working nonstop since Friday to take the video down off the Internet.

Debby tells us, the song "Let's Be Real" was hastily and foolishly posted to the Internet -- and was never approved for any album, including his upcoming "Respect My Hustle."

Debby insists, the song will never be available for purchase.

We're told Soulja is willing to do whatever he can to make up for the song -- which contains the lyric "f**k all the army troops" -- including free shows for the military, and meet-and-greet sessions.

As we previously reported, Soulja has apologized for the song, blogging, "I Am Deeply Sorry To All Members Of The United States Military Services And Their Families."

0907_stars_soldiers_footer

Pimpcessa

I am such a firm believer in forgiveness and would totally do it for his, along with many others. Problem is, I just truly do not believe he is sorry after checking out his twitter. Seems to me, he thinks the public and the military troops are stupid.
Oh, and btw, I'm prior military (Desert Storm), so I might be a bit more sensitive about his remark. But, after his first apology, written by someone else obviously, I was totally ready to let it go.....then I saw his twitter.
Just don't believe he's really sorry at all...

janet

DeAndre Cortez, management team and record label, insists will not be available for 'purchase'.

pimpc

Didn't know she was still around..hmmmmmm.

Real Person

no body is buying it... get it... NO ONE WILL SUPPORT TROOP HATING RAPPERS>>> lost your street cred bro.

Amber

nope, your done.

spinner25

Today I am ashamed to be an American citizen.

I, and millions of others have the right to not support the falsely based war started by George W. Bush.

We have the right to not follow like sheep.

We have the right to speak out about acts of wrongdoing.

It is not our fault that US citizens wish to follow the orders of a man with no proof.

It is not our fault that they risk their lives, and tear apart their families to be "heros" in a senseless war.

They make their choices just as we make ours.

Why is it okay to criticize someone who does drugs, someone who sleeps around; but it's not okay to judge someone who kills people without reason, just because they have government clearance to do so?

The US is full of hypocrites and I'm disgusted with you all.

lisalewis

He is willing to do 'free shows' and 'meet and greets' with our military on OUR military bases???? Are you kidding me???? He should not be allowed on our military bases- EVER! I am sure he is sorry now...the publicity is going to hit him where it hurts...the pocketbook. Obviously, his people are scrambling to remove this. It hurts them too. Where were they when this song was produced? Shame on them too! Good Americans would be crazy to buy anything from this IDIOT.

#1

Let him do free shows for the military, and meet-and-greet sessions with us troops ..matter fact lock him in a room with us .. We take alot of pride in what we do for some low life to bad mouth the military ...I take it personal and so do many member of the military so I wish him luck if he is ever stupid enough to show up in our bases ..

jbeans

Loser!

Chris

The only reason he is apoligizing is because he received backlash from the public. He dont care about the military and does not respect it or he would have never even sang those words. He wants to continue to sell his garbage to keep his cash flow going. THAT is the only reason he apologized. I hope his career sinks (6 feet under, so he can see those men and women who parieshed in the military so that he can have his freedom of speach). Only an ASS would speak ill of the men and woman who fight so hard to give him his freedom of speach.

Chris

Also, right after he bashes the military in his song, he says something like "be your own man". What the hell are you right now DeAndre? A man who stands by what he sang? (And suc***bs to the fact his career is now over). Or a puppet changing his view because some PR team is telling him to because he will lose a lot of money? Your definately NOT a man...in no way shape or form. It is all about money and greed to you. You will say now what the public wants to hear because you want to continue selling your garbage...

Seandylan3

BOYCOTT!!!! If you can't stand behind our troops, get in front of them you sorry p.o.s. You continue to use all of your rights that the SOLDIERS of this country have fought and continue to fight for. I hope you are publicly cast out. Enjoy the bling douche - it won't be coming for much longer. Stand behind your words coward! Come on - Stand behind them.

Loser.

armywifey

AAFES has already said they won't sell this CD.

felidaecarnivora

You mean someone in marketing wanted to get some free publicity for this album? No, say it ain't so!

djb

MARINES ARE NOT SOLDIERS!!!!!!!!!!!