Rachel Uchitel

Hires Oksana's Lawyers

Over 9/11 Story

9/7/2011 3:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0907_rachel_dan_EX_launch
TMZ has learned ... Rachel Uchitel has hired Daniel Horowitz and Marty Garbus -- the attorneys who represented Oksana Grigorieva in her epic custody battle against Mel Gibson -- to go after the New York Post over a story insinuating she was happy her fiance died during 9/11.

TMZ has obtained a demand letter Horowitz sent to the New York Post, which ran a teaser for an upcoming article about Rachel and her deceased fiance, James Andrew O'Grady, who died during the 9/11 attack.

The teaser includes alleged statements from Rachel -- "I believe Andy was meant to die because he was too good," adding, "It would have been tragic if we got into fights and then divorced ... I'm glad I didn't get to see any flaws that time brings on everyone.  I would otherwise be a fat housewife with three kids living in Sands Port, Long Island."

In his letter, Horowitz claims the story conveys "a disastrously false impression of my client," adding the story is "attacking, degrading and extraordinarily inaccurate."

Rachel tells TMZ she feels she's the victim of a hit piece and the reporter went into it not liking her.

Horowitz also has words for the author:  "You created a work of miserable and demeaning fiction.  You should be ashamed of yourself."

Horowitz wants an apology to Rachel, and wants the "false words" withdrawn, although he is not specific as to how they would be withdrawn. The full story is supposed to come out tomorrow.

We called the New York Post yesterday, and a rep said "We stand by our story."

christy

Well, it worked for the Ox. Bwahahahahhahahahahahaha!

Chris

Skank

Melanie

How can the attorney comment on a newspaper article that hasn't printed yet? The letter is dated Sept. 7th and quotes articles from Sept. 6th and Sept. 8th.

Rage

Any time I see that the NY Times are being sued, I celebrate :)

e33

Stupid hooker

two cents

Words came back to haunt her in the light of day. Maybe she didn't realize how dumb she sounded until it was in actual print. Better to be thought a fool...

Annie

Yep, I hope they do better for her ROFL!!!!

Confused

Isn't this what Ox did to Mel Gibson? What a joke Putz is!!

Pimpcessa

She better hope he does a better job for her than than he did for Ox.

middleagedcrazy

Laughing tooooooo much.

Just like Terry McMillan and and Russian Mafiya guys they represented. Lose everything for your clients and then call it good.

Although I am starting to think that their niche market is cleaning up Madame Gloria's mistakes.

Confused

Where's her friend Gloria in all of this???

Sonya in Tx

She's been saying nutty things all along. I believe the Post.

Beth

The pots calling the kettle black. Isn't this what this lousy excuse for a woman did to Elin?? "You created a work of miserable and demeaning fiction. You should be ashamed of yourself." I don't blame the author for not liking her, who does.

Fuck Celebrities

Hopefully they will get as good a settlement as they did for the first whore.

There's a problem here

"...disastrously false impression of my client, who lost her most beloved fiancee on September 11 ... " Aren't you the guys who managed to lose a few million for that russian golddigger? Now you're going to get laughed right out of court with this one. Maybe at the time it did hurt her, but she sure made up for it. I'm sure the lips, the boobs and god knows what other surgeries she had were part of her closure process. I'm sure screwing anyone with money or prestige she could, then blackmailing at least one (Tiger Woods) for big bucks was all part of her grief.

She sure did her beloved fiancee proud didn't she? I'll bet his family would like to have her killed.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments