"Roseanne" Star Laurie Metcalf

Served With Divorce Papers

9/20/2011 3:48 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0920_laurie_metcalf_private_practice_EX
Laurie Metcalf -- who played Jackie, Roseanne's sister on "Roseanne" -- is about to have her marriage cancelled, because her husband has filed for divorce.

Matt Roth -- an actor who played Laurie's abusive boyfriend on "Roseanne"  -- filed papers citing irreconcilable differences.

The couple married in 2005, but were together for a lot longer.  They have 3 minor children -- Will, 17, Donovan, 11, and Mae, 6.

According to legal docs obtained by TMZ, the date of separation is November 26, 2008.

Matt is asking for joint legal and physical custody and is asking the judge to block Laurie from asking for spousal support.

This is Metcalf's second marriage.

0713_stars_split_footer_v2

suchadva

I swear she was a lesbian! What a shocker to read this piece! I even heard she gave "Darlene" advice about "coming out". Wow what tabloids was I reading?

coco

Laurie is one of the best comedic actresses I ever saw in a sitcom. I loved her on Roseanne. She was also so very cute and appealing. I would love to see her on prime time TV again in the future. I miss her. Chin up, Laurie.

click

Children need their parents to stay together.

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

Like others, I also thought she was a lesbian. I think, but I'm not sure, I kind of remember it being reported while she was on Roseanne.

JIll

Thats actually too bad, they had been together for a while. Oh well now if Tom Hanks divorces his wife - then i will truely believe hollywood marriages can't last.

Julie

Why does TMZ enjoy posting the very worse pic they can find?

MaryElizabeth

SHE wasn't a lesbian, it came out on the last episode that Jackie, her character, was a lesbian. I am sorry to see their marriage end. But it happens.

hotbitch

I always thought she was a great actress. Who cares what she looks like? She's almost 60. At least she didn't sell out to plastic surgery.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2