"Charlie's Angels"

Crew Member Fired After

Butt-Slapping Minka Kelly

9/21/2011 12:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0921_minka_ca_exd
A crew member on the "Charlie's Angels" set has been fired after slapping Minka Kelly's butt.

There's a report out that the guy was holding a $100 bill when he slapped her, and that she retaliated later by slapping him, but our sources say that's NOT true.

What did happen ... according to sources directly connected to the production ... is that the man did indeed slap Kelly, and sources at ABC tell us, she responded by telling him, "Please don't ever disrespect me or any other woman like that again."

Some of the witnesses told ABC honchos, and given the network's zero-tolerance policy on sexual harassment, the dude was immediately banned from the set and subsequently fired.

We're told Minka did not want to get the guy fired and had nothing to do with the decision -- she was friendly with the man and upset that he lost his job after moving his family to town for the job.

And, ABC sources say, this was not an isolated incident -- the guy had done it before to other women.

magica

Dat azz be prime real estate! I'd slap it, too!

David Kaliner

The crew member who allegedly slapped Minka Kelly's behind clearly deserved to lose his job for such grossly inappropriate behavior. It seems that Ms. Kelly handled the situation with a great deal of class.

Jerry

Good for ABC and their Zero Tolerance policy!!
What's up with CBS and Price is Right????
Saw that Lanisha Cole story a few weeks ago - but I didn't see anyone getting fired!!!

niles

In a few years she'll wish someone cared enough to slap her butt.

Sherri

Oh so what! Quit your bitchin. Maybe you were sending signals to him and he got confused that they were sexual. Just shut up cow.

kirsten

Being from out of town, I guess this guy forgot the rule of thumb for stage hands and other crew members: try not to maintain physical or eye contact with the actors or actresses.

steve

"Please don't ever disrespect me or any other woman like that again."

That seems like such a PC, lawyer-generated, canned ham response. I call BS.

Truth

It's Anita Hill's fault. That b***h destroyed fun in America.

wasted days and wasted nights

Sad and rough that the man got fired, but that is the way it goes, a no-win situation for him. At my place of employment, I keep my eyes, let alone my hands, pretty much to myself when it comes to the people of the feminine persuasion. I am there to work, not horse around with them or worship their beauty.

blalala

Dude- we get it- she's hot. I wish some guys knew it's much cooler to play the opposite. EVERY guy hoots and hollers or slaps asses-to be cool and calm and SAY you attractive is SUCH a better approach fellas. He is a idiot- I'm glad he lost his job- especially bc he's done it to other women and is still on sets- gross-as a working actress and extra in some films he needed to be gone. Him being fired can show other men and women that touching people in sexual ways is just plain disrespectful and won't be tolerated. On set and or anywhere for that matter. ME, I'd slap him back- in the face...

Kiki

Come on, TMZ, you always have more details than you're sharing here. Name the guy! If he moved here for the show, he's probably high up on the food chain...And who ratted him out to the hypocrites at ABC? The other women he's harassed should sue them now that it's come out that this zero-tolerance policy is nothing more than lip service, unless you're one of a show's elite.

Karmagal

So if this douche bad has done this before WHY didnt they fire him earlier? They said it was a Zero Tolerance right? Well now this idiot who moved his family, could have had an awesome job, is now out of work. How do you explain that at the dinner table?

tim

i second the "totally worth it" comment

Ella

IF YOU MEN THINK MINKA IS A DRAMA QUEEN WAIT UNTIL THE DUDE TELLS HIS WIFE WHY HE GOT FIRED! ESP AFTER UPROOTING THEM FOR THE JOB IN THE 1ST PLACE!

Mike

This happend to a friend of mine recently and the guy is still working there making her uncomfortable. What steps should she take next. She went directly to HR they said they would handle it but they have not and he has now told everyone that she filed a sexual harrassment against him. She is uncomfortable but needs her job. What should she do?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments