'Modern Family' Star

Anti-Gay Chick-fil-A Meal?

9/22/2011 1:00 PM PDT BY Johnny Lopez

0922_jen_lowery_Splash

update_bar
3:30 PM: Multiple sources close to Sarah have contacted us to say she is absolutely NOT anti-gay ... and she had no idea about Chick-fil-A's non-culinary practices. Mystery solved.

On television "Modern Family" star Sarah Hyland, 20, has two gay uncles, but in real life she just attended the grand opening of a new Chick-fil-A restaurant in Hollywood ... an evangelical Christian owned corporation which has been accused of being anti-gay.

Although Chick-fil-A has responded to the homophobic allegations by saying they "serve and value all people," they also routinely contribute to anti-gay organizations like Focus on the Family.

Pro-equality groups aren't happy about the fast food chain's latest outpost and are planning a protest in front of the new Hollywood location on Saturday.

While Sarah may not be aware of the chain's practices, TMZ contacted her rep but have not heard back.

marissa

Wow... you're really reaching? She's just eating some freakin' chicken. I'm gay (the lesbian kind) and I think Chik-Fil-A is among the least gross fast food places. I'm also not so thin skinned that some a***hole on the street who has a bad opinion of gay people is going to ruin my day. If the corporate management wants to cling to it's Bibles, that's just fine. I will continue to go about my business and not bother with what they think. I think most Americans can respect live and let live. Why do all the special little snowflakes feel like they've got a right to be told how great they are? That's not how it works out there in the real world. Not everyone will always like you and you won't always like everyone. People may dislike each other for their religion or their success or their taste in music or their politics. It doesn't really matter what it is, but the point is you can't make everyone like you. Stop trying to be the center of attention and be you. That's what counts.

dennis

So, being against same sex marriage makes you anti-gay, right? Is it legal to be anti-gay? Do I have to be pro-gay to eat a chicken sandwich or is it the other way around? You guys may be going a little too far here.

Benji

I'm a big TMZ fan but this story is just ridiculous! Gone way too far. Implying she supports the anti-gay agenda based on the restaurant she chose to eat at??? What are they supposed to do? Research before they decide to go anywhere? If she was at a anti-gay rally then you'd have a story. Hope you don't keep printing this kind of sh*t. Leave the girl alone!

Umbra

The whole message behind the gay rights movement is that people should be able to make the choices they want. That means everyone gets to.

josh

Only you guys would post something as stupid as this. Your organization is s*** of the earth!

kacy

Really TMZ? What a waste!! Chick Fil A has great food! Just because it is a Christian owned company doesn't mean jack. One of my best friends worked there for a LONG time and was openly gay. They never fired him or treated him any different

tessa

who cares? what a buncha rubbish. we all have choices and the freedom to eat when and where we want.

Bobby

Your tactics are reminiscent of Hilter. You should be ashamed.

Nikki

WHO CARES....I am so tired of every GLBT group, or NAACP, or blah,blah,blah complaing ALL THE TIME!!!!!! It is so old. JUST SHUT UP, SHUT UP, SHUT UP already!!!!! If you don't like their policies...don't eat at their resturant...it is that simple! That company has the right to contribute to WHATEVER they want...that is what America is about! GLBT have taken this way to far...just shut up and go back in the closet!

Jason

Hey... Im a big old MO! And I will eat at Chick Fil A all day long... I dont really care if they hate me, cuz I love their Chicken

Nanny

I like Chick Fil-a's food and I didn't know the owner is anti-gay. Did anyone really know?

mariah

how many people actually knew about their "beliefs" This is the first i've actually heard that about Chik Fil-a, I think ya'll are makin a big deal out of nothing

Bruno

Sometimes a meal is just a meal.

Personally, if I were to boycott every company that donated $$ to organizations that I don't support, then I probably wouldn't be able to shop at very many places.

Just as Harvey is free to espouse his topics of choice here on TMZ, the directors of Chick-fil-A are free to support their own.

Suzanne

The owners of the company have the right to contribute to any organization of their choice. As Christians, we hold to the truth of God's word and it clearly addresses homosexuality. THAT BEING SAID, as Christians, we are also taught to love the sinner, not the sin. And yes, as Christians, we have the right to stand up for and speak out for our beliefs just like anyone else. I'm sorry if any of you disagree with my position and no, I am not homophobic. In our country, for some reason, if you disagree with something you are deemed to be a racist, etc. and that simply is not the case. People can disagree about issues without the necessity of such extremes being used against the other party.

Holly

Everyone wants to talk tolerance,how about tolerance for people who don't want or are sick of having the gay "lifestyle" pushed on them, not everybody thinks it's ok nor should we have to think it's ok, good for her and Chick fil a